Saturday, November 21, 2009

Challenges

I've just started participating in some of the challenges on Splitcoast Stampers and thought I would share the ones I did this week.



First is for the Clean and Simple challenge CAS41 to do a card that is inspired by a Vera Bradley handbag. I had a lot of trouble with this. These handbags are beautiful but not what I would describe as Clean & Simple and my brain doesn't seem to want to move "out of the box" and just use the colors. So, I basically copied the handbag as closely as I could with the stamps and stuff I had. Here's what I came up with. By the way I chose the Peacock one.





I used the Playful Petals stamp set. It is on the dormant list this year but still available. I stamped the large flower and tiny flower in Basic Black and colored with the Summer Sun & Tempting Turquoise markers. Then I cut the big flowers out and adhered them to the card front which I made from, one of my favorites, Bermuda Bay card stock. I cut off the parts of the big flowers that were going to be under the middle strip to adhere to the corners. Then I punched with my Boho Blossoms punch and cut out the tiny stamped flowers to make the centers and stuck them on. For the center strip I used a pieces of Basic Black and Whisper White. The top black strip is punched with the Eyelet Border Punch. I layered the Boho Flowers and the tiny stamped flower and put them together with a More Mustard and Tempting Turquoise brads to finish the strip.


It turned not to be too simple but it is bright and pretty.

I hope you enjoy it.

Bonnie




1 comment:

Jenny said...

I think this is much better than a Vera Bradley bag...I've always thought she needed to tone it down a bit, use a solid every now and then. Lovely, lovely card.