Thursday, December 3, 2009

Elegant Thank You Remake

The Christmas craziness has begun! We've been shopping and decorating and I have been trying to get my Christmas cards signed, sealed and mailed. There just aren't enough hours in the day! Poor Luke has been sick this week. I was able to get the house decorated, except the tree, while he was home with his Mommy. Then the next day we went to his house. He's much better now, thank God. With so much flu around you can't help but worry.

I attended the Cary Newcomers Club meeting this week and I wish I could have stayed longer to chat with the lovely ladies I met there. They have a Creative Arts group that meets once a month and I am really excited about that. I'll be meeting with them next week to make Origami boxes. I'll let you know how that turns out.

This week's CAS challenge (Clean And Simple) is to remake a card we have already made. The Christmas Thank You got a make-over in Navy a while back so I am sharing that image with you. I think I will try to make it in some different colors too. It is quick and easy and a good card to have on hand.



The main card is made from Whisper White. I punched the front edge with the Eyelet Edge Punch and put a strip of Night of Navy on the inside of the card to give contrast. I added a 1/4" strip of Night of Navy just inside the eyelet and made 2 score lines with a stylus, using my paper cutter as a guide. The Elegant Thank You stamp was inked in Night of Navy and stamped on Whisper White then punched with the Scallop Square Punch. I used the Corner Rounder punch on the Night of Navy square. (I sure do love my punches.) I used dimensionals to pop the Thank You. It probably took longer to do this post than to make the card!

Enjoy,

Bonnie

No comments: