Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bashful, Suede Rubies


This weeks colors are Bashful Blue, Soft Suede and Ruby Red with stripes for dessert. Again this is a color combo I would have never thought of. It amazes me how the ladies at Splitcoast Stampers can come up with these ideas every week. I am thankful that they share their ideas, because they are a never ending source of inspiration to me.
I used the Movers and Shapers again to punch a heart out of the Very Vanilla and the Bashful Blue Decorative Paper. (The stripes don't show up on the heart, but believe me they are there.) I used punches for the other hearts. The stamping is done with the floral vine from the Vintage Vogue stamp set in the Occasions Mini catalog. I stamped it randomly to make my decorative background. The hearts are all popped up on dimensionals.
I had some trouble getting the stamps to cling to my blocks last Saturday. I have since cleaned the blocks and the stamps cling much better now. Lesson learned....clean works better! Sorry ladies that I didn't think of that before I tried to show you how wonderful they are.
Card Recipe
Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Paper: Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red Textured, Bashful Blue DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Acc.: Big Shot, Movers & Shapers, Full Heart & Small Heart punches, Pearl from the Pretties Kit, Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! I love the floral vine background. tfs! :)