Monday, February 8, 2010

Yummy Bird

This weeks CAS challenge is to visit a Candy Crate's Retro Candy Store and make a card representing the candy of our choice. The soft brown of this card looks like chocolate Necco Wafers to me. Almost makes my mouth water, and the memories..... I remember going to the movies and having a nickel left for candy. (Does that date me or what? LOL) I loved to get the Necco Wafers because they lasted through the whole movie, unless my brother convinced me to share. My favorite ones were the chocolate and I can remember looking at all the packages to check for the one that had the most chocolate. I liked the yellow and pink too, but not as much as the chocolate. OK, enough down memory lane.



We did a card very similar in the Stamp A Stack on Saturday. I jazzed this one up a bit by adding some color instead of just the neutrals. I like the neutrals too, especially for sympathy cards. (You can see the other one further down on my blog in the Stamp A Stack post.) I love the little scalloped pieces called Hugs. I especially love that they come already scalloped so I don't have to punch them out! They and the ribbon are in the Occasions Mini Catalog on p. 19 & 27.


Recipe for this card

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words
Paper: Kraft, Hugs Notes, Old Olive, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Summer Sun
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Chocolate Chip
Acc.: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Ancient Scallop Mini from ?, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, 5/8" Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon

Thanks for coming to see me. Have a sweet evening.

Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

That bit of color makes the design pop. Beautiful card! :)