Thursday, March 4, 2010

Easter Basket

This card was for the CAS Challenge this week to make a square card. As a rule I don't make square cards because they take extra postage. I did see a hint that they can be put in a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" envelope and sent for regular postage. The envelope can be lined with coordinating paper and the lining adhered together on the ends so the card doesn't slip and slide. I will probably hand deliver this one anyway. I would hate for the Post Office to scrunch my bow!


The basket is made from a Top Note cut with the Big Shot Machine. I cut it in half and adhered it on the bottom with the back piece a tad higher than the front. I cut a strip from the leftovers for the handle. The eggs were cut from Decorative Paper with the Oval Die (it has 3 sizes) and the Wide Oval Punch. I put the eggs in the basket with dimensionals so it would have some depth. Sorry the picture isn't better.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Well Scripted (p 19 Occasions Mini Catalog), Sanded
Paper: Barely Banana, Whisper White, Tea Party DSP
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Sahara Sand
Acc.: Big Shot, Top Note & Ovals Die, Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Oval & Wide Oval Punches, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon

Hope you like this and I hope they like it over at Splitcoaststampers. You can see all the beautiful cards for this callenge here. It's a great source of inspiration.
Bonnie

No comments: