Thursday, April 22, 2010

Triple Challenges

Hello fellow stampers. I have been busy as can be as you can see. I have not one but three cards for this weeks challenges.

This first one is for the Technique Lovers Challenge and uses the Natures Nest stamp set. (I used the shell stamp from it on Tuesday's post for the CAS challenge.) This challenge is to use paper piercing.

I recently bought some Prismacolor pencils to use in a Creative Arts class and decided to give them a try. I used them like watercolor pencils with the Blender Pen. I think it worked out pretty good. DH even said it looked like a turtle. He's probably studied them closer than I have.

I stamped the image with Stazon on Shimmery White cardstock. The base card is Kraft, soon to be called Crumb Cake. I used Chocolate Chip and Sage Shadow behind the image. The sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set and stamped in Chocolate Chip. I used the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer between the image and sentiment to add some pizzaz. (And so I could post it in the TLC Challenge.)


This card is for the Color Challenge to use Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow & Going Gray with a neutral of choice. I used Whisper White. The dessert this week is the addition of lace.

I really struggled with this one. The Going Gray is always a challenge for me.

The stamp set is a preview of a set in the new Summer Mini Catalog that you should be receiving any day now. You can't order it until May 1. It is called Watercolor Trio and it has three beautiful little flower stems (actually one is leaves) and 3 beautifully scripted sentiments. I am so glad that I preordered this set. I can see that it will get a lot of use!

I used my Apricot Appeal & Sage Shadow markers to ink the stamps then stamped and stamped off a couple of times on Whisper White. The butterfly is embossed and cut using the BIG GUY and the Beautiful Wings embosslit that is only available until April 30th.

The sentiment is stamped in Going Gray and punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. The Sage Shadow piece behind was punched with the Wide Oval Punch and one corner of each piece was punched with the Corner Rounder Punch.

The lace was in my stash and I wove Sage Shadow narrow grosgrain ribbon through it.

Last but not least.........
Another card using the Nature's Nest stamp set. This was the layout for the Sketch Challenge.

I stamped the Dragonfly/Darning Needle with Basic Black on Whisper White. Then I put a little glue along the body and sprinkled some of the Aqua glitter from the Fine Supernova set (p. 180). I also used the Olive glitter for the eyes. The brad sparkles. I used a glue dot on a silver brad, then dipped it in the Olive glitter. (The brad was necessary to cover a smudge. Make sure your ink is dry before you start handling the piece!)

I used the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer to punch some holes in the top to balance out the brad. Oh my, what creativity one boo boo can cause!

I used Bermuda Bay & Whisper White that had been embossed with the BIG GUY and the SU Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate. All the pieces are matted with Basic Black.
Didn't I have fun? Now I need to do some housework and probably ought to cook something for supper. I hope all my creativity isn't used up! But first I need to cuddle with that adorable little grandson who just got up from his nap.

Enjoy your evening.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Bonnie, I am always impressed with the detail in your designs. Loving these cards. That turtle looks very realistic from here - you'll have to show me what you did sometime. :)