Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dreams du Jour Color Challenge

This week's Color Challenge was to use Lovely Lilac, Gable Green & Cameo Coral. I thought "Gable Green, ugh"! Evidently I have used it before because there was only a little piece left in my Bold Brights package. All of these colors will be making their fond farewell on July 1st. If you are a fan of Gable Green, my apologies and you may want to stock up while you can.

With these colors, I thought butterflies. I love this little butterfly from the Dreams du Jour set. The other stamps are sweet but the butterfly gets the most use. The little guys are stamped with Black Stazon ink and painted with a blender pen dipped in the corner of the ink pad. When doing this technique, be careful not to rub too hard since it will pull the cardstock.

I stamped and colored 2 of each color and cut one of each out. These were mounted on top of the stamped squares ( 1 5/8" x 1 1/2"). The color squares are 2" x 1 5/8". Did you notice that I added a little bling? Just a little.

The background was done with my new toy! It's the new SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder. It's on p. 24 of the Summer Mini Catalog. I ran it through the BIG GUY and WOW!, what a nice background. It looks as good on the back as on the front too! I love new stuff!

The Black Gingham ribbon finishes it off. I'd tell you how far apart the knots are, but I just tied them randomly and tried to match them with the butterfly squares. I call it the By Guess and By Gosh technique, LOL!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Dreams du Jour
Paper: Whisper White, Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, Cameo Coral
Ink: Black Stazon, Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, Cameo Coral
Acc.: Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot, SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Black Gingham Ribbon, Rhinestones

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Let me know what you think. I love the comments.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Those butterflies are stunning!! They look like they will just fly right off the card. :) And I'm really liking the background embossing too.