Monday, July 19, 2010

Catching Up

Hello, I hope you had a nice weekend. I got to spend time with my family celebrating my birthday. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful (if noisy) family.

I did this card last week but never had time to post it. Dessert for the SCS Color Challenge was to make a card for a young man who is facing 2 years of treatment for cancer. Can you imagine?

I have 3 grandsons and no boy stamps! I think I need to remedy that! The problem is, that they all are so different...ages, likes, personalities, etc.. It's hard to know what to get and I really hate buying a stamp to use once.

Maybe I need to check into Digital Stamps. Any suggestions of where to start? My old computer is so full that I hate to download much more and haven't done the SU Digital because I have 3 old card programs that I just have to have. New technology doesn't agree with me as much as it used to! Oh well!

I punched out a couple of stars with my BIG GUY and stuck them behind a leftover Printed Window Sheet from last year's Idea Book & Catalog. I used stickers and rhinestones from my stash to finish it off. Mothermark's Teapot challenge was to do a manly card for Mark. I don't know how manly this is, but he is a shooting star in my book!

I was still stuck on Baja Breeze instead of Marina Mist. I hope I can do better remembering the colors from here to there tomorrow when Betty posts another Color Challenge.

Card Recipe
Paper: Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi
Acc.: Big Shot, Movers & Shapers, Punch Windows, Printed Window Sheet, Stickers, Bling

I hope Mark liked the card and pray that he breezes through his treatments.

I"ll be right back.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous card - a real 'wow' design and definitley suitable for a man. I like digi images and it's useful to have a few. Thjere are so many digital stamping companies out there it's so diffiuclt to know where to start! I have quite a few images but from lots of companies so couldn't recommend one above the others really. Having said that, I think Mo Manning's images are outstanding (at Mo's Digital Pencil) and she has several that are suitable for boys. Another good place which has loads of choice including several humurous imgaes is Squigglefly.com. I also like Digistamp Boutique, Pink Gem & Pink Cat Studio. Hope that helps!