Monday, August 16, 2010

Bloom for a Friend

Ach! I'm going through stampin' withdrawal! My 11 year old grandson has come to visit and since my stamping room is also the guest room, I've been bumped. Don't get me wrong. I love having Thomas here. He is a child one minute and so grown up the next. I don't get to spend enough time with him. He & Pop have gone for a nature walk (probably through a store) so I thought I'd share a card with you.

I got new stuff today and I really want to get into it. Maybe tomorrow I can reach some paper & ink and try a new stamp out. We'll see.

I made this card last Friday for the Free 4 All challenge. The challenge was to make a get well or thinking of you card and send it to a friend. It's in the mail for a former neighbor who is awaiting biopsy results.

Queen for the Day on SCS last Friday was Mothermark. She's the one that does the Teapot Tuesday challenge every week and includes a wonderful story with the challenge. I am always laughing so hard by the end of the story. What an imagination! As I was browsing through her gallery to find a card to CASE, I couldn't believe the awesome variety and talent in her cards. This is the card I decided to CASE. I hope it's not too late to post it.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Spring Garden (retired)
Ink: Regal Rose, Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White
Acc.: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Corner & Scallop Trim Border Punches, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon

I really hope I can stamp tomorrow since I have some ideas for the CAS & TLC challenges. If not, I will just have to post some cards that I have stockpiled.

Hope you got to stamp today.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Perfectly lovely, Bonnie!! I just love the colors you used and how you used the scallop trim corner punch on two corners. BEautiful work :)