Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or Treat


I thought it would be fun do make Halloween cards for Luke's Preschool Teachers.  I'd seen such cute pumpkins on SCS and on everyone's blogs.  They are so easy with the Wide Oval Punch!


I punched 3 ovals from Tangerine Tango scraps, overlapped 2 just a bit and laid the 3rd on top.  The stem is the tail from the Extra Large Bird Punch and I used a shortened branch for the leaves.  Sponging the edges of the ovals with some Dusty Durango ink gave the pumpkin some depth.

The sentiment is from a Level 1 Hostess set from last year.  I inked it with markers and stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla to match the base card.

Then I dug into that box of DSP that seems to grow instead of get smaller to find something for the background.  I dug even deeper into the drawer for a corner punch bought before I discovered Stampin' Up!  A few brads & it was done.

Then I did this one.....


Same card, different DSP and rounded corners.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holiday Best
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip & Dusty Durango SU Markers, Dusty Durango
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Scraps of Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip & Always ArtichokeRetired DSP
Accessories:  Wide Oval & Extra Large 2-Step Bird Punches, Corner Punches, Stampin' Sponge, Brads

Luke was so cute.  He decided which card was for which teacher and delivered them with gusto!

He's going to be the "new PBS"  (UPS) man for Halloween.  I didn't know they made a costume for that!  He's excited about getting candy.  But I bet he'd rather get a "new PBS" truck!  That boy is crazy about those little cars & trucks!

Happy Halloween,
Bonnie

No comments: