Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy New Baby


Hello Stampin' Friends.  I hope y'all had a great weekend! 

This is the card I did for another new challenge, CASE Study.  They gave a delightful clean & simple layout.  I needed a  card for a precious new baby girl, and this layout was perfect!


I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder with the BIG GUY.  When I put the card front in, I left about 1 1/4" out so I'd have a smooth surface to stamp on.  The stamp set is from a retired hostess set called For a Friend.  I stamped it in Basic Black and colored it with my Pink Pirouette SU Marker.

The flower is the small one from the Fleurettes II set and the one on top is from the Pretties Kit (last time I looked this was still available on the Clearance rack at an outstanding good price. You can click on the catalog on my side bar to go to my website.)  I used a sponge dauber and daubed some Pink Pirouette ink on this little flower and threaded the little stamen piece through the crocheted flower.  I used a needle and thread to attach it to the bow and some glue dots to hold the bow where I wanted it to stay.

The whole card front is mounted on a Pink Pirouette tent fold card with a piece of Whisper White on the inside for a little message to the baby and her Mommy & Daddy.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  For a Friend
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Fleurettes II & Pretties kits, Corner Rounder, Pink Pirouette SU Marker

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be back in a bit with another card.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. I really must use my Fleurettes . . . I forget about them. Thanks for the inspiration and reminder.
Hugs,
Colleen

Andrea Ewen said...

This is soo cute! Love that gorgeous pink bow and super embossed background! Great take on Barb's inspiration card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Emily Keaton said...

This is just the sweetest baby card, Bonnie!! I love how you used your fleurette. I just ordered some from the Clearance Rack myself and can't wait to use them :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, Bonnie - great CAS card! Thank you for playing! xxx