Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pears and Grapes


Wow, I'm still way behind!  Seems like if I don't make a card for a few days, it's hard to do anything I like.

This is for the CASE Study #14 challenge.  Heather gave us a design to use as inspiration.  Her card is so lovely and has so many details, that it was hard to decide what to do.


This is what I did.  I love this hydrangea, especially colored in Concord Crush (the color I always think of as grape).  I used markers to color the stamp and to dot the centers of the blooms.  Then I touched the centers with a white gel pen.

This is the first time I tried to do the gathered ribbon.  I used sticky tape and pleated and stuck, but it doesn't want to stay in place.  I'm not sure if the ribbon is too rough or if the tape isn't sticky enough!

The design piece is Whisper White 2 5/8" x 4 1/2", placed on a piece of Concord Crush 2 7/8" x 4 3/4", on a piece of Whisper White 4" x 5 1/4" embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  All layered on a Pear Pizzazz card.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Because I Care (Level 1 Hostess Gift)
Ink:  Concord Crush & Pear Pizzazz SU Markers
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  Do come back soon.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

7 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet card! That image is gorgeous and love what you've done with the ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

Heather P. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie! That flower is divine as is your coloring! And that ribbon is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study~

Emily Keaton said...

Your coloring on this image is incredible, Bonnie!! I really like how you accented it with white gel pen. I never would have thought of that!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely card, Bonnie! Love that stamp... Thanks for playing with us :)

Chris said...

The ribbon came out great - I love your card! I really enjoyed being the sponsor this week for CASE study - thanks for playing along!

Colleen said...

Beautiful coloring. The white gel pen accents are such a great idea. Note to self....
Hugs,
Colleen