Thursday, January 20, 2011

Breezy Baha



The color challenge on SCS this week is to use Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz & Bravo Burgundy.  While Baja & Pear are among my favorite colors, Bravo Burgundy rates way down there with Basic Gray.

It worked very well for this birdcage from the Nature Walk set that's now available in the Occasions Mini catalog.

I used the flower from this set and inked it with markers and stamped several times before re-inking.  I turned the stamp a bit each time to simulate the flowers blowing in the breeze.  Dessert this week is to be able to use "Bravo",  "Pizzazz", or "Breezes" as a description for our card.  Mine is breezy.  I could also use Bravo for using Burgundy!

One of the birds from the Clearly for You set (also in the Occasions Mini), inked in Baja, is stamped "in" the bird cage with the help of the Stamp-a-ma-jig.

I used a favorite CAS layout for this.  I seem to be stuck on this layout this week but it keeps on pleasing me.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk, Clearly for You
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, SU Markers (Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz)
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Silver Elastic Thread, Basic Rhinestone

I really appreciate all the comments you have been leaving. They mean so much!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Doris said...

For a color combo you weren't thrilled with, you sure came up with a great card!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! What a great color combo and I love how the flowers are blowing in the wind - first thing that caught my eye. :)

Benzi said...

I love how you made the flowers blow in the breeze and the bird cage/bird are so pretty. I can just imagine that bird singing happily outside.