Friday, January 14, 2011

Butterfly Bliss


It took a few tries, but I finally got one of these butterflies that didn't go into the trash can.  And you know how I hate to put anything in the trash can!


This time I stamped it with StazOn on Shimmery White and used the Aqua Painter and re-inker to color it.  I'm not very good with the watercolor, but I think it's getting a bit easier.

I'm going to enter this in the Case Study Challenge22.   This is the inspiration piece.....



I kept the colors and the layout, but I think I have fewer layers.  I even used a piece of Decorative Paper on this!

It will also go for the Ways to Use It challenge on SCS to use a butterfly.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Black StazOn
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Basic Black, Whisper White, Shimmery White, DSP
Accessories:  Aqua Painter, Marina Mist & Concord Crush re-inker, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Ovals Die, Scallop Border Punch, Brad

Enjoy,
Bonnie

7 comments:

TesaB said...

What an elegant card!!! Love the soft background stamping! Gorgeous colors, kraft and blue is such a lovely combo!!!

Aimes said...

Oooh I love the idea of watercolour on shimmer cardstock - you've inspired me!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous CAS design, Bonnie! Lovely CASE of Mercy's card, that popped butterfly is simply beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Sue Kohler said...

stunning job with the watercolouring Bonnie, the card is fabulous! thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

Chris said...

I think it's beautiful! I love your butterfly and am so glad this one "worked"...it's a lovely card. :)
Thanks for taking the time to play along with CASE study - I'm so thrilled to be the sponsor this week!

Benzi said...

What a gorgeous butterly and your bg is just lovely. Great card!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh this is really lovely! It's a simple design yet it has a beautiful vintage feel to it :) Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx