Monday, January 10, 2011

Featured Stamper meets CAS

I made it back to show you another card I made today. 

Too bad I've written all my Christmas thank you notes.  This would have been perfect!


Yesterday's Featured Stamper on SCS was Julie aka UKjem.  You can see her gallery here.  She has a lovely, elegant style don't you think?

I chose this card as my inspiration.  I flipped the card and used Baja Breeze instead of gold, a different embossing folder & sentiment and rhinestones instead of a pearl.

Today's CAS challenge on SCS is A Day in the Snow.  As luck would have it, we even saw a bit of snow here today.  We had a few flakes and now it's sleeting.

Saturday, we were sitting in a fast food restaurant having lunch and it snowed.  The wind was blowing every which way and the flakes were swirling and dancing so beautifully.  It was like being in a snowglobe.  Wish I could recreate that beauty!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Because I Care
Ink:  Baja Breeze
Paper:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty EF, Snowflakes Sizzlits, Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Rhinestones

Stay warm and enjoy,
Bonnie

6 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

So pretty! I love that colour combination! I made a few of my Christmas cards using baja breeze and white (quite similar to your card actually!) I love the embossed look on white. Thanks for the nice comment on my SCS gallery (Meedi-j).

Marisa said...

This is fabulous! Love the blue and white and the EF you used on the one side. Great CAS card.

Emily Keaton said...

Your "snowglobe" experience sounds delightful!!! I love moments like that. And speaking of delightful, this card is just that. A CAS beauty featuring a sparkly snowflake--perfect!

Sarah Coggins said...

That card is gorgeous! I love the embossing and big snowflake. Hope you are staying warm & dry today.

Benzi said...

Very pretty. I like your flip of Julie's card and it is awesome with Baja Breeze, such a gorgeous color. Beautifully done!
We did get our snow and I have a couple pics on my blog.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ow! You rocked this one, Bonnie! It is such a great CASE of Julie's card (I had fun CASEing her for that challenge, too)