Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elements Clearly for You


I don't usually combine too many challenges. I tend to confuse myself and sometimes overdo a card.


But I think that I managed 3 challenges with this card!

First the Saturday Sketch Challenge #191 from Stamping 411.  Here's the sketch....


I really like the simplicity of this sketch.  I had to reverse it because when I stamped the tile design across the back panel, there was a teeny tiny line of white between two stampings.  I thought it worked fine reversed and when I can cover a boo boo, I'm happy!

The CAS 107 challenge on SCS this week is to make your own background.  The strip across the card is my handmade background.  I've gotta tell you, that Stamp-a-ma-jig is getting a workout and the more I use it, the more accurate I get.... sometimes anyway.

Also on SCS today's Color Challenge #311 is to use Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum & Rose Red.  That plum just wasn't working in.  I tried to add some to the flowers, but it just didn't look right.  I ended up sponging some Perfect plum around the edges of my white space.  It's very subtle, but it's there!

There, that's 3 challenges!  Now I've just got to remember to drop it off at the challenge sites!

I used my SU markers to ink the hummingbird and some of the flowers and leaves from the Elements of Style set.  I added some ink with the blender pen to the flowers.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Elements of Style, Clearly for You
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, SU Markers (Always Artichoke, Rose Red, More Mustard)
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Accessories:  Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, Stamping Sponges

Enjoy!
Bonnie

6 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

I love the hummingbird card, Bonnie. Can't wait to see them at my kitchen window again :)

Kerin said...

I love the hummingbird, and the border behind him is just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week :)

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous work! That is a stunning border. It really makes your focal point pop out!

Benzi said...

Congrats on getting all the challenges done. Beautiful image AND card!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I love the just little peek of roses here. Great idea. Thanks for bringing it to us at Stamping 411.

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful job -- love the hummingbird and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen