Monday, February 28, 2011

Four Squares


We're moving from 3 squares to 4 squares! Actually the Sketch Challenge at SCS last week was a 4 square layout.

First I made this card.....


It really doesn't do a thing for me!  I don't know about  you.

So, I tried this......



Adding that Rich Razzleberry backdrop helped a lot.  It's much better, but still not my favorite.  Can't love 'em all I guess.

The colors are from the ColourQ challenge.  I missed the deadline, mainly because I just couldn't get excited about posting this.

These stamps are really cute.  I need to try something else with them I think.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Cute by the Inch (Level 2 Hostess gift)
Ink:  Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry (Note: Brocade Blue & Brilliant Blue are both retired.  Baja Breeze & Marina Mist would probably work well.  Hmm, maybe I'll try that!)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
Accessories:  1 1/4" Square & Scallop Square Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon (from last year), Basic Pearls.

Thanks for the visit.  Enjoy!
Bonnie

5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

both cards are really pretty bonnie-adding the razzleberry layer gave it a different look-that i liked as well

Tracey Prieskorn said...

I just want you to know that I truly enjoy visiting your blog on a daily basis. I think you are very creative so that is why I believe you deserve the Stylish Blog Award. I have the Stylis Award for you in my blog, kindly check it out. Please visit my blog to get the information needed. http://www.addictstamper.blogspot.com

Thank you for you creativity!
Tracey

Benzi said...

Both are great but I do like the Razzleberry addition. It is one of my favorite colors.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, I like both cards actually, but I see what you mean about adding that Razzleberry mat adding some 'oomph'. I do like your layout a whole bunch!

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous card! Simple with great details! A definite color combo winner!