Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clearly a Bookmark


Have  you ever struggled with a card and walked away?  Then came back later and it just came together? 

That's what happened with this card.

with bookmark
I saw this sketch at Just add Ink


I wanted to use these colors from the ColorLab Challenge #32...

When I moved the elements around (the circle on the rectangle), the sketch started working for me.  I thought it would make a great magnetic bookmark card!

It's hard to see the blushing bride in there, but if you look close, you can see the butterflies and flowers are wearing a bit of pink.

I'm also going to send it to CASE Study #30.  This is the inspiration card....

When the recipient removes the bookmark, this is what they will see.....

without bookmark

Thanks for the visit.  Enjoy,
Bonnie

10 comments:

Jen said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say you struggled with a card and took a step away in order to clear your head! That very same thing happened to me very recently! Your break seems very productive, though. This card is great! Thanks for joining us at the ColorLab this week!

Pam said...

How very smart! I love how you've made this beauty a gift and a card!

Benzi said...

Yes, I think that has happened to me. Sometimes, you can just try too hard and nothing works and you leave, come back and things flow perfectly. Love your beautiful bookmark card...what a neat idea.

Julie said...

Very pretty, the colors work so well with that flower image. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a lovely idea to pop a bookmark on the card. It's a wonderful way to use the JAI sketch.

Nikki Spencer said...

Such an elegant card, love the bookmark and the stamps were a perfect choice.
Thanks for playing along at JAI.

KimB said...

Its a clever idea and I'm glad you persisted with it as the end result is lovely!
Kim (JAI)

Jen Timko said...

This is so beautiful! Sometime stepping away is just what I have to do as well. The book mark is fantastic! So glad you joined the ColorLab Challenge this week!

Jean Martin said...

This is such an elegant and clean card! What a wonderful take on the challenge. I'm so glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Juanita Golson said...

I love your card and the bookmark part, too. I'm one who likes to use a decorated bookmark in my books. Thank you for joining the ColorLab Challenge.