Monday, April 18, 2011

Same but Different


If you want to skip the blabbing, there are cards below.

We had an interesting weekend here.  Tornadoes were all around us.  At one point we heard that one had been spotted less than a mile from our daughter's new home.  We were all very blessed and had no damage.  Unfortunately there were a lot of other people in the area who were not as fortunate.  Our prayers are with them as they begin the clean up.  Those interviewed all speak of how thankful they are to be alive and that all their belongings can be replaced.  How uplifting to hear that over and over again!  It allows us to put things in the right perspective.

Before the bad weather I had a class and the ladies made five cards.  I had one card set left over and yesterday I decided to assemble them.  I decided to try to do them a little bit different.  Then this morning, when I was checking the challenges on SCS, I saw that the TLC challenge was The Same but Different.  This is Holly's explanation: 

They must use the same focal point, the same colors/papers, the same embellishments, punches, etc.…. Everything the same, except they need to be different (i.e. a different layout or a 3D item to coordinate…etc.). The only thing you can do differently is change the sentiment (IF the sentiment is not your focal point!). Remember, if you didn’t use it on one card, then you can’t use it on the other!


Actually I'm not sure this exactly fits the directions since I used different Embossing Folders and a punch on one but not the other.  Hopefully the CHallenge Police won't come for me!


This is the card we did in the class.


This is my Same but different.
I like the second one better, but that's probably because I've been looking at the first one for so long.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Just Believe, You're a Gem (card 1), Teeny, Tiny Wishes (card 2)
Ink:  SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Always Artichoke)
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Framed Tulips EF (card 2), Wonderful Winge Embosslit, Square Lattice EF, Scallop Trim Corner Punch (card 1)
 
Thanks for your visits and comments.  I really appreciate all of them.
 
Enjoy your blessings!
 
Bonnie

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I prefer the second one too - it's more CAS (oh dear, that's shocking grammar but you know what I mean!) Love the way you offset the image in the frame - and I love that embossing folder!

Carol said...

I think they are both very pretty, Bonnie, but I really do like the CAS of the second using color. I always think of CAS as plain, boring white...this peach parfait is anything but! Tfs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like both, Bonnie. The colors are pretty, the stamps are soft, and the different embossing folders add something special to each one. :)

Benzi said...

What an interesting challenge and both cards are very pretty. Bonnie, I am so glad you, your daughter and families were o.k. The weather was rough and a sad day for so many.