Thursday, August 25, 2011

Enjoying Primary Colors

This week's Color Challenge at SCS is to use Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy.  Dessert is to use a back to school theme.  I guess I could say flowers for the new teacher, but I think that's stretching it a bit.

The layout is from the Sketch Challenge, also on SCS, this week.


The beautiful Love and Care set was still sitting on my desk and I couldn't resist using it again.  And again, I used my favorite Square Lattice Embossing Folder.


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Love and Care, You're a Gem
Ink:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive SU Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Other:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Real Red Satin Ribbon

This morning I took Jack to check on things in Luke's room.  Imagine our surprise when we saw a little frog (or maybe a toad?) in there.  Pop wanted to play with it and I was sure it would go into hiding somewhere.  After a great deal of squealing (on my part) they finally caught it and took it outside.  Earthquake, frog, a hurricane bearing down on us.  Makes me wonder if the plagues are upon us.  Definitely a time for prayer!

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay safe.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

So pretty!

Marisa said...

You used these primary colours wonderfully! Love the embossed BG - have to use mine more - may wean me off swiss dots LO!L Lovely floral images and that pop of red with the bow is great :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, a fab layout and the colours look fabulous together.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Maybe the frog was trying to escape the hurricane, and who can blame him? ;) Good luck to you this weekend, Bonnie. We're battening down the hatches, preparing for quite a lot of weather. Gotta go get our C and D batteries!

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, fabulous card, love your choice of colour and stamps here:0) The little frog was probably lost bet he was scared too LOL Keep safe, Gay xxx

Benzi said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Bonnie...great color combo, beautiful ribbon, and a nice sketch.
That frog story makes me want to squeal..lol

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card, as for the littel frog, he was taking shelter too perhaps :)