Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Evolution

FACT:  When you don't get to stamp for a while, your mojo goes into hiding!

Nothing is coming easy these days, but perseverance will pay off.  I hope!

This card didn't come easy, but I hope you agree that it was worth the trouble.

When I checked out the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS on Sunday, I loved this card.

Then when I check out the ColorQ challenge this week....

An idea was born.


Just too busy
Let's try again. 


Naw. Something's missing.
I'm feeling like Goldilocks here.


Much better!

Just in time to send to a dear friend for her birthday.

This stamp set is a Hostess Gift in the Summer Mini catalog.  You can earn this with a $150.00 order until August 31, 2011.  Then it's unavailable.  I think this set is a keeper!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Love and Care, Happiest Birthday Wishes (card 1)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Island Indigo (ink and markers)
Paper:  Whisper White, Old Olive
Other: Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by today and thank you for the lovely comments you made on yesterday's post.

Enjoy!



14 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, you really are back! That mojo will be flowing freely very soon.
I have to tell you I do love that one with the 'Happy Birthday's' on each side...love them all. Very pretty CAS cards.

Kara said...

Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your post brought a smile to my face. I think it's great that you posted all the cards leading up to the one you liked the best. So happy to know I'm not the only one who doesn't always get it on the first try. Beautiful card(s).

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. Sometimes when I start I often do what you do and redo something. Glad you did, I love the last one, but they all are fun! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Susie said...

Great progression. Love the results.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! I can sympathize with the lack of mojo... i suffer from that fairly often these days! Looks like you have yours back, though!

Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Really, all three are neat in their own way. I do like the embossed background much better than without, and I like the effect of looking out a window, with those four squares. Great job, Bonnie!

Mary Marsh said...

I really like all 3 cards that you posted bonnie-your mojo doenst look like it's hiding with these 3 lovelies

Kim S said...

It's a beautiful card - it started out great and ended up perfect! I'm glad you have your mojo!

LeAnne said...

You are too funny...I actually thought the first one was fun! And fine! Anyway, thanks for playing with the ColourQ this week!

Marisa said...

Looky at you rocking that CQ challenge! Love the progression of your thought process. Last card is fabulous with that embossed BG and ribbon. Well done and great card :)

kasia c. said...

Bonnie, all 3 are fab, but you are right the last one totally has IT!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Pauline said...

Oh gorgeous card! I like all 3 versions, it works well without the ribbon too, a gorgeous design.

I too find if I don't craft for a while, it takes longer for the mojo to comply!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the embossing and the colours are fab, lovely cards