Sunday, January 29, 2012

ColorQ Bird

What kind of bird is this?  I can't find a bird in my bird books that helps me identify it, so I'm calling him the ColorQ bird.


That's because the design is colored in the ColorQ colors for this week.


The image was stamped with Jet Black StazOn and colored with SU Markers. I used the markers directly on the design for the deeper tones and swiped on plastic and picked up with a blender pen for the lighter tones.

Here's a closeup

We were joking yesterday that I'm going to wear out my Square Lattice Embossing Folder!

All supplies Stampin' Up!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Take it to Heart, Loving Thoughts
Ink:  Jet Black StazON, SU Markers (Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, More Mustard)
Paper:  Watercolor, Riding Hood Red
Other:  Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits die, Square Lattice EF, Dimensionals


I hope you have a wonderful day.  Thanks for spending some of it with me.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Cynthia said...

Bonnie, I love your ColorQ bird! He looks kind of like a Grosbeak to me, but no matter--he looks great on your card! ;-)

Autumn Mist said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie, I love it!

Sylvia said...

Love your card, Bonnie! I have tried to water color this bird and it just doesn't look right, so last night I asked my daughter to identify this bird. she said it didn't come from a real picture. I figure is is a drawn version of a Robin, so that is how I will color it. So frustrating, I can't water color a bird unless I know what it is. You did a good job with the colors though. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! I don't know what kind of bird this is either - but it's so pretty the way you colored everything with the SU markers. The embossing folder...I don't think I can ever use mine too much! Every time I start to emboss it seems that's the first one I grab!
Beautiful card.
Lynn

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love that bird.

Marybeth said...

Bonnie this is a beautiful card,love the bird and the way you colored it. Love the embossed background too! Very Pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card Bonnie! Love your ColourQ bird surrounded by the pretty flowers!

Carol said...

Lovely, Bonnie! I know what you mean about that square lattice ef. Love it!

Tan's Hobbies said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. =P

What a lovely card with gorgeous bird, Bonnie. Love the way you colour it. NICE!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous big heart and sentiment tag. Lovely colouring on your "colour Q" bird. x

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, Very pretty card, love that little bird hiding in the bush, Gay x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely bright card Bonnie and I love your ColourQ bird! It's a wonderful EF isn't it - but I think there's plenty of life in it yet!

Christina said...

Love the square lattice embossing and your pretty watercoloring! Maybe your birdie can be the ColourQ mascot? Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see why you would wear out that folder it's very impressive as for your bird, does it matter what it is, it's a beautiful card

Benzi said...

Maybe it's a thrush but I believe their tail feathers are longer. Maybe, a robin. Anyway, you've colored it so pretty. I don't blame you for using that lattice folder so much. It's a super one.