Friday, January 13, 2012

New Challenge

I have discovered a new challenge that I am really excited about.  It's called Merry Monday and the challenge is to do a Christmas card each week.

Here's what I did for this week.

Like Leslie, I didn't have enough Christmas cards done when I needed to be sending them.  I was frantically making cards right up until Christmas.  And some people will be getting Valentines instead of Christmas cards!

Here's the sketch that Leslie gave us to use...

I'm not sure if she will give a sketch each week or if she'll mix it up with other challenges, but it will be good discipline to do at least one Christmas card each week.  That will still leave plenty to do in the Fall.

The poinsettia is made from the 5 Petal Flower and the Boho Blossoms Punches.  I punched one green and two red of the larger flower and 1 of the medium Boho flower.  I used my stylus and the soft mat from my Mat Pack and rubbed in circles on each of the flowers.  Then I just built them up with glue dots in between and used some teeny gold beads for the centers.

Edited to add: The petals of the poinsettia are "scooped out" with the circle punch in the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack before they are embossed with the stylus.

The greenery is from one end of the Bells and Boughs poinsettia stamp inked with a Garden Green Marker and stamped in a circle.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful Season set and the snowflakes from a hostess set last year, Northern Hearts.

All supplies Stampin' Up!
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs, Beautiful Season, Northern Hearts
Ink:  Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Whisper White
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter
Other:  Five Petal Flower, Boho Blossoms, and Lace Ribbon Border punches, Stylus, Mat Pack, Mini beads

I'm having some connection problems with blogger.  Some blog pages are coming up blank.  Is anyone else having similar problems?  I haven't been able to leave comments on some blogs and I'm not sure if the link to Merry Monday will work here.  If not, just google Merry Monday Challenge and you should be able to get there.  I hope this problem will sort itself out soon.

Have a great weekend.

Enjoy!




15 comments:

Benzi said...

Wow! Bonnie, this is a spectacular card. The poinsettia and greenery are just beautiful. Good for you getting started on Christmas cards for next year. You'll be so happy when it is time to mail them.

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Bonnie, that punched poinsettia is great! Super idea. I haven't had problems with Blogger, but if others are, that may explain why traffic has been way down the past few days. I hope you get things worked out soon.

Elizabeth said...

Hello Bonnie, lovely card, the flower is beautiful and you've interpreted the sketch beautifully. Elizabeth x

Cynthia said...

It seems others are having your same problem, Bonnie. I hope it gets fixed soon. The link to Merry Monday worked just fine. Your take on the challenge is just beautiful--I love the poinsettia!!!

Colleen said...

Lovely card, Bonnie! Oh to get Christmas cards done early . . . what a concept! I may check out the Merry Monday challenge . . . right after I get valentines made =D

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow, Bonnie! The poinsettia creation is just genius, it really got 2D feeling!! Great card with fantastic color. Love it =)

Lacie Root said...

What a wonderful flower so nice and cheerful. Great Christmas card for the stash next year.

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful Christmas card. It's never too early! :) I like the stamping of the evergreen boughs behind the poinsettia. Ann Y.

Lesley said...

Hi Bonnie,
What a lovely card, I really love the poinsettia you created and the background stamping. I am happy you played along this week, together we will get those Christmas cards done! Enjoy your weekend.
Lesley
PS: The link worked! Thank you!

Susie said...

Another stunning card. Thanks for the info on the challenge. I may join too, although not sure whether I'll make one every week.

Autumn Mist said...

Fabulous card, Bonnie. I am trying to make at least one Christmas card every week this year as I got so caught out last year. I'm having problems with blogger too, the same as you. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love, love, love this Bonnie!
That sure doesn't look like the 5 petal flower punch; did you cut or punch something off the tips?

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! no not crimbo cards, however, what a good idea, no rush at the last then LOL.
A beautiful card Bonnie, love your poinsettia

Shelia said...

Your card is gorgeous. I really like your background paper and your poinsettia is simple beautiful!

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, This is so pretty, what a great idea, you will have all your Christmas cards done if you can keep it up:0)The flower is beautiful so rich and deep red, Gay xxx