Monday, January 16, 2012

Pink and Red

One Layer Wednesday is back!  I've missed this challenge and I'm so glad it's back.

This week the challenge is to use red and pink...and ONLY red and pink...on a white card base.


I got this Floral Fillers stamp set for Christmas and thought it would be a good time to break it out.

I stamped one heart in Cherry Cobbler and stamped again on a sticky note.  I cut out the sticky note heart and using it for a mask, stamped a second heart on the card.  The sentiment is from the same set.  The one flower is colored with my Regal Rose marker.

I think I'll save this for my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary.  They will be celebrating their 55th this year and I think that's pretty amazing!


Here is another that I did with this set.  It looked like it needed something and the more I did to find that something, the worse it looked.  Does that ever happen to you?

I covered a major boo, boo with a punched flower.  I'm not totally satisfied with this, but thought I'd share it anyway.  Nobody said one layer cards were easy!

All supplies Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Floral Fillers, I {love} Love Wheel (2nd card)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, SU Marker (Regal Rose)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (card 1), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch (card 2), Basic Rhinestones & Pearls, Simply Scored (card 1)

I'm so glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, I love both cards but the first is my favourite, it's brilliant the hearts and sentiment just slot together and it's beautifully CAS. Congrats on your Sister and Brother-In Law's 55yr wedding anniversary!! Long time together, they will love their card:0) Gay xxx

Benzi said...

That will be a super anniversary card...your masked heart looks great. I really do love your other card, too. Looks beautiful to me.

Lisa A. said...

How lovely, Bonnie!! LOVE that heart...you have shown it off wondefully...love the touch of a colored and punched(love how you can cover up mistakes:)!!) flower/s with pearls and the ribbon on the second...they MAKE these one layers "simply" perfect!!

jimlynn said...

No, one layer cards are not easy but you sure made it look that way! They're both just amazingly beautiful! Love the pink and red color combo too.
Lynn

Mary Marsh said...

both these cards are really pretty Bonnie-this is a great heart image-55 years is an amazing milestone in this day-so you chose an appropriate sentiment for their card
I struggle myself with one layer cards-always wanting to add more-they take me forever to complete

Pauline said...

What a lovely card. Great stamp. You did a great job. TFS
Hugs
Pauline

Mynn xx said...

Oh, both are amazing! LOVE the layered hearts and I adore your bow! :)

Aileen said...

Love the hearts. Both cards are very stylish but the first is my fav. x

Autumn Mist said...

Both cards are beautiful, Bonnie. I love seeing what you come up with.

Colleen Dietrich said...

One layer cards can sometimes take as long as a more complicated looking one!

Very sweet cards, both of them, and you did a great job masking on the two hearts.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful hearts, Bonnie! Love them both!!

Carol said...

Two wonderful cards, Bonnie! They are both so pretty...really like the masked one, and, isn't it wonderful how creative we become to salvage a card? If you never mentioned it, no one would never have known you made a boo-boo!

Susan Raihala said...

Both cards are great, Bonnie! The first with the single flower colored is so elegant and perfect for a 55th wedding anniversary! Amazing! The second looks lovely...not sure why you're not satisfied with it.

StampingBetty said...

just lovely!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful