Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Neutrals

We're back to a colour challenge at Less is More this week.  And the colour is

Neutrals
This could be anything from off white to black with any shade of beige brown or gray in between.

I dug into that UFO box and found this design I did last year and never put on a card.  The stamp set has been retired, but it's one that will stay in my collection.


I wanted to do something new for this challenge too.  So I made this card.


I played around with the new Labels Framelits dies and found that I could emboss with it.  I was so excited to do it that I forgot to write down what I used for shims.  LOL, I can't remember what I used!

I stamped the cross with Chocolate Chip ink on a scrap of Naturals Ivory and die cut it with a Framelit.  I cut 2 more of the same size Framelits from scraps of Chocolate Chip to make a mat for the design.  All this is adhered with dimensionals.  Stamped the sentiment and it was done.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Crosses of Hope
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits Dies

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Easter Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  Naturals White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Other:  Signo White Gel Pen, Small Oval Punch



I tried to link yesterday's card at Styles Ink for the OLW challenge and wasn't able to get my card to link up. I see that Inlinkz has some changes going on and thought I did what needed to be done.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Isn't that always the way?  If something works well, change it!

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!


16 comments:

Kim S said...

Both cards are the perfect samples of less is more. Those is simple white flowers on crumb cake are gorgeous and the addition of an embossed frame is all the embellishment that the second card needs.

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous Bonnie! I particularly like that blossom branch.

Chrissie said...

These are lovely Bonnie, the colour choices are superb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Bonnie...each so beautiful in their own right. Love the elegance of the cross card...fabulous!

Benzi said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie. I love the neutrals used on the pretty blossom card and the cross card is just super.

jimlynn said...

Two more perfect cards! Love that first one with the white flowers. Just lovely. And the second one is so elegant and just gorgeous. Now you MUST remember how you did the embossing with the die so you can tell me!!!! Love it.
Lynn

Emily Keaton said...

Your UFO card is so pretty, Bonnie. You did a super job making these neutrals work for you!! And that second card is STELLAR!! That is one gorgeous CAS creation. perfection!

Mary Marsh said...

2 really pretty cards Bonnie-I love the embossing on your 2nd card-I just read a tutorial on how to do that-but I like how you took it to another level by cutting out the shape-an elegant look

Cynthia said...

Love both cards--they are so serene and peaceful.

smittenstamper said...

Both cards are beautiful,love the blossom card.....the tones are very striking love love love the design.Wilma x

Aileen said...

Lovely cards Bonnie especially the first. The blossom is beautiful in the white against the crumb cake. x

Mandi said...

Both are beautiful Bonnie. Easter Blossoms is brand new for us, in th eUK, but, like you, ?I will love and use it always
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Two fab cards, Bonnie...but I think that the first one is my favorite! Of course the framing on the second card is pretty cool too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Stunning Easter blossoms!! Love that you colored them in with a white pen. And the cross is super elegant, with all the flourishes within it.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD....for most any thing you might need for a religious card. Love the Label Framelits ( SU! ) I am going to change the color just a bit....but this is the most beautiful card I have seen with the Crosses of Hope / Label Framelits....

Patti MacLeith said...

Love your embossing with the Framelits! I cannot figure out how to do that!!