Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring

I noticed this morning while driving Luke to school that the forsythia is starting to bloom.  I've never been able to decide if I like the yellow or pink the best.  No matter, these lovely bushes say Spring to me.


Edited to add:  I almost forgot that the Paper Players challenge is Spring has Sprung.  I'm sending this over to that challenge.  If you get a chance, go take a peek.  When I looked a bit ago to get the link, I saw an amazing bevy of beautiful cards already entered.

This is a very simple card but it makes me think Spring.  It was really tough getting the photo right.  It really is a softer pink and white.  I worked longer on the picture than the card. LOL, sometimes that's the way it goes.

All Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Simply Soft, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Pretty in Pink, Rose Red)
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  Basic Pearls


I hope you saw a sign today that Spring is not far off.

I'm so glad you came to visit today.

Enjoy!


12 comments:

jimlynn said...

It's gorgeous and yes, I'm so ready for spring too! I think the pink looks fine - I always have a horrible time photographing cards with pink for some reason. Yours looks fantastic!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

These remind me of beautiful cherry blossoms---a soft, springy creation! I didn't know that forsythia came in pink, I've only ever seen yellow! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Bonnie, it reminds me of spring, too. Gorgeous clean lines to your card. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Such a beautiful clean and classy card! The color and the image just screams "Spring"! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Bonnie, this is stunning! I love that you turned the floral spray on it's side...it really looks like forsythia that way. Love the pearl centers and the clean layout lets the focal point shine! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Debra Burgin said...

Pink forsythia???!!!! I never heard of such a thing -- my world is incomplete.

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, this is so beautiful and feminine and also CAS. I love it. I may have to borrow my sister's Simply Soft so that I can recreate it. Thanks for the inspiration.

I saw a sign today for our Autumn [Fall] - my camellias are in bud and the first one has just come into bloom. Not at all looking forward to the cooler weather.

Enjoy your upcoming spring.

Aileen said...

Simply soft makes a fab blossom branch. Very pretty card. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've never seen a pink forsythia! I think that would be my preference. :)

Love this simple and beautiful pink card. You are so good at CAS, Bonnie!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie. Forsythia reminds me not only of spring coming, but of my grandmother who passed away in the fall. She always loved to gather the branches and force the blooms indoors. I didn't know there was a pink forsythia a well as yellow. Ann Y.

Lesley said...

Clean and simply beautiful! Lovely card Bonnie, the colours and the simple layout really allow this image to shine!!!

Benzi said...

What a beautiful, soft creation, Bonnie! I know what you mean about taking a while to photograph. Sometimes, it takes forever to get it just right.

I've never seen a pink forsythia...that must be very pretty.