Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Soft Colors

This is the second week of the Dynamic Duos challenge and this week the colors are the soft romantic colors of So Saffron and Pool Party.


I wanted a chance to use this a la carte stamp called Young Vermillion again before it retires.  I can still use it after it retires, but it won't be quite the same.


I used my Pool Party, So Saffron and Crumb Cake markers to ink the stamp.  Then I swiped the Pool Party marker on a clear block and picked up the color with a bender pen to color his back.  I did the same thing with a So Saffron marker for his tummy. I used the Crumb Cake marker to extend the branch too.

I used the retro sketch #11 for the layout.


I love the simple lines of this sketch!

Edited to add:  Oops! I forgot to add that the CAS-ual Fridays challenge last week was



And the Ways to Use It challenge at SCS last week was For the Birds!

See why I don't usually combine challenges?  I can't remember them all when I post.  So sorry.  I hope it's not too late.


The sentiment was stamped on a scrap and I cut the ends with my Paper Snips.  I used 2 Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle and a glue dot on each end to give it dimension.  The sentiment is from a long ago retired set.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Young Vermillion, Bird on a Branch (retired)
Ink:  SU Markers (Pool Party, So Saffron, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, So Saffron
Other:  Pool Party Seam Binding

The design piece of Whisper White is @2 1/2" wide by 2 5/8" long.  The So Saffron piece is cut 1/8" larger.

I'm so glad you could stop by.  Many thanks for your kind comments.  I appreciate your taking the time to leave them.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous. I think I'll try to CASE it.

paige said...

Bonnie, what a lovely card! The coloring on the bird turned out so beautiful! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

jimlynn said...

Really like how you inked and colored the image! So pretty with that Pool Party ribbon too. Fantastic card.
Lynn

Lisa Elton said...

Such a soft lovey card Bonnie. Your little bird is adorable and I love that scrumptious ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Cynthia said...

I love the idea of using a blender pen--your sweet vermillion looks watercolored! Beautiful!! Such a sweet card!

Lesley said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie, I love how you have used the colours with that stamp!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So soft and pretty, Bonnie! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Very pretty Bonnie! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!:)

Colleen Dietrich said...

He's so sweet! This reminds me of pen-and-ink illustrations of birds that my dad's neighbor used to do. Before he passed, he gave me lithograph copies of the birds, and they're fabulous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty I love the bird.

Anni said...

Wow, waht a beautiful clean and simple card! The coloring of the bird is amazing!
Thanks for joining us over at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Benzi said...

Ooh, love this card, Bonnie. Of course, you probably know I love birds. This is gorgeous in blues.

Kim S said...

Such a sweet and gentle bird! And I love the dimension on the banner!

Allisa said...

Love your coloring technique. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty and such an artistic feel! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Speaking of soft and romantic...wow. This card is beautiful. Artistic, unique and well designed. Just lovely. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)