Friday, May 18, 2012

Tree Trimmings

Busy, busy day, but I wanted to post my Merry Monday card.


I love this simple sketch.


 And did you notice that I used DSP?  Yeah, me!

I stamped the ornament on Blushing Bride with Real Red, then smacked it with my VersaMark pad and clear embossed.  I used a glue pen to line the pink parts and sprinkled Dazzling Diamond on it to give it some sparkle.  I wasn't sure whether the glue would stick to the embossing, but so far, so good.  I added some sparkle to the boughs too.  In hindsight, I should have stamped the boughs at a different angle.  Maybe I'll remember that next time.

The ribbon is stamped in Encore Gold and heat embossed with Gold.

The design piece is 2" x 4", the red mat is 1/8" larger and the white behind that is 1/8" larger still.  The red band is 1 3/4" x 4 1/4" and was a scrap piece of textured Real Red.  The DSP is 4" x 5 1/4".  It's actually 2 pieces that were in my scrap box.  The band covers the seam.

I used my Stamp-a-majig for placement and did the sentiment in two steps instead of all on one line.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Tree Trimmings, Short and Sweet
Ink:  Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Encore Gold
Paper:  Whisper White, DSP, Real Red
Other:  Dazzling Diamonds, Gold EP, Basic Pearls


Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very merry - and VERY pretty! Love the design and it just fits this sketch.
Lynn

Kim S said...

Oh, Bonnie...this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! I love the DSP you used and that gorgeous red ornament really stands out! The sparkle and the pearls were a wonderful touch Bonnie!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful card--love the papers! And that ornament with all its sparklies is just adorable!!

LeAnne said...

This is a perfectly delightful card and I wouldn't change a thing about the branches or anything! LOVE it! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I CANNOT stamp rubber without my SAMJ! It's such an awesome tool.

Bonnie, I am so happy to see you used DSP! What a pretty pattern you chose, too. I really like that tone on tone.

Also likin' the fancy treatment you gave the ornament. :)

Thank you so much for playing with us at Merry Mondays! Have a great week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, love the added sparkle. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Aileen said...

Very festive Bonnie. Love your decorations with the added bling. x

Lesley said...

Very merry!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a really lovely Christmas card Bonnie! I love the DSP background and that fabulous grounding strip and the ornament is very pretty with all its sparkle!

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Bonnie. I really love that ornament and the pine boughs. It made a gorgeous card.