Friday, May 25, 2012

We Three Kings

It's another Merry Monday on Friday here.  Lesley gave us another fantastic sketch


I was so inspired by my friend Colleen's beautiful neutral card.  Colleen is the Featured Designer this month.  My card doesn't have the elegance of Colleen's but I used one more thing from my UFO box.  That always makes me happy.


The card base is Very Vanilla.  It looks white in this picture.  The Brushed Gold looks best with the Vanilla I think.  

The three kings are stamped with Encore Gold and heat embossed.  After cutting the design piece with the Ovals die, I used the VersaMarker around the edges and embossed that with gold too.  (I didn't do a very neat job with the Versamarker but it will have to do.) I added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to give it a bit of color.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holy Triptych (retired), Come to Bethlehem (soon to be retired)
Ink:  Encore Gold, VersaMarker
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Other:  Scallop Trim Border and Modern Label Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Ovals Die, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details

This will be my last Friday post for Merry Monday as Lesley has invited me to be on the design team for this challenge.  I am so excited to be a part of this design team and love seeing my box of Christmas cards filling up.  Won't you join us?

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

What happy news, Bonnie! You are such a perfect fit for the Merry Monday challenge! As always, you've got clean and simple, no, make that clean and elegant, designs that inspire. Love the brushed gold paper you used here.

THanks so much for playing along with us, and have a fabulous weekend!

Colleen Dietrich said...

PS - thank you for your kind comments about my card!

Lisa said...

Lovely Bonnie! I really like how you added the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details...it adds just the right amount of color to this image!

Carol L said...

I wish I could create CAS cards like this, but I always tend to add more layers, etc. I love all the gold touches!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, it's beautiful! Love the image against that embossing too! Lovely card for Christmas - AND -
Big time congrats on being on the DT!!! So excited for you!!
Lynn

Lesley said...

Hooray Bonnie! So happy you are joining the team. Love this CAS card you created!

Cynthia said...

LOVE the colors!! And the Wise Men image is gorgeous!

Marisa said...

A huge congrats to you, Bonnie!!! You go girl and show them what you've got :) Love the way you used the sketch and the pops of red are perfect!

Benzi said...

A big congrats to you, Bonnie, for being on the team. You'll be fantastic. Your card is gorgeous and I LOVE that image.

Darnell said...

I'm catching up with what you've been up to and I'm so excited to read about all your recent shout-outs for your beautiful cards and your appointment to the design team for Merry Monday! Woo-Hoo!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Great card, I love the clean and simple look. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Congrats on joining the design team :). Wonderful clean and simple card.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautful christmas card Bonnie-and a big congrats on being on the dt -looking forward to seeing your creations

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous Bonnie! and congrats on joining Leslie's fabulous team!

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful card ... Lovely image in particular and I like the embossed edge.

Aileen said...

Love your elegant interpretation of the sketch. x