Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One Layer Give Thanks

I'm just under the wire for the One Layer Wednesday challenge.  Last week it was hosted by Karen of the blog Snippets.  She challenged us to use MASKING on a card.  This is what I came up with....



I cut a mask out of a sticky note (the lines really help to cut straight) and laid it on the card front, then inked up my Woodgrain Background stamp with Crumb Cake, stamped off once and stamped.  

I used a little thumping on the leaves and added some red "berries".  

We have 2 dogwood trees in our back yard that are decked out with lots of red berries as well as colorful leaves.  I've been enjoying all that color.  Our back windows are filled with that beauty!

When I was trying to think of what to do for this challenge, I saw this card by Polly P. aka know as peeps321 at SCS.  She's the Queen for the Day this week.  When I saw her card the idea just came together. Thanks Polly for the inspiration.  I hope you enjoy your week as Queen!

And The Friday Mashup challenge is

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Fall Leaves" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with "Twine".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Fall Leaves Themed project using Twine". 
I didn't add any twine,  but I think it would look really good.  Maybe I'll go add some.  Imagine it with Early Espresso Baker's Twine.  Yep, I think that would work.


I'll post this on Susan's sidebar for her Gratitude Campaign.  I think it's a wonderful idea to show our gratitude to people who make a difference in our lives.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Woodgrain, Take Care, Whacked Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, SU Markers (Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Simply Scored, Basic Pearls

I'm going to have to toot my horn a little.  I'm so excited!  When I went to check out the colors at colourQ this week, I saw that my Happy Autumn card was the winner.  I've been a Courtier several times, but never the Queen.  Those colors were fantastic!  The same card was a Favorite at SCS last week too.  It makes me happy to know that this card was enjoyed that much.

Thanks for stopping by.  And a special thanks for your vote of confidence.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!! LOVE the stamping of the wood everywhere except the strip with your image and sentiment! Gorgeous! I hope you'll join me this month at Technique Tuesday! Also, I have a DT call on my personal blog if you're interested--it's for a new challenge starting in January! :)

Cynthia said...

Congrats on being crowned Queen Bonnie!! =D And I love today's card too--that woodgrain is just gorgeous against the white. The pops of color are lovely too!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, you've GOT to quit doing stuff like this as now I NEED that wood grain background!!! LOL!

Love this wonderful card and great masking on it too. Very pretty!

Lynn

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

This is great.

Love the woodgrain background What a fabby stamp to have!!

Just perfect alongside your image and sentiment border.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

The woodgrain stamp looks great split and I love your branch with the little touches of red. x

Lisa said...

Oh my Bonnie, this is SO pretty! I just love the woodgrain background and how you masked off the middle section. At first glance I wouldnt have thought this was a one layer card at all!

So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love the look of the woodgrain on your card Bonnie...well done.
Thanks for playing along with the OLW.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - very effective use of the masking technique and that woodgrain stamp is a beauty. Elizabeth xx

Benzi said...

Bonnie, your card is so pretty and I can just imagine the view from your back window. Glorious, I'm sure.
Oh, no surprise you won with that Happy Autumn card. It was just a beauty! Congrats!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is perfect use of masking and the woodgrain background is perfect for the fall inspired photo!

Heidi Baks said...

Hold the phone... one layer challenge? That sounds awesome! I love that you filled the background of your card with woodgrain and added scoring. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Bonnie! I found your sweet blog by way of Michelle (glimpses of my heart), and I'm glad I stopped by. Your cards are just darling, and so uplifting. I would like to invite you to stop by my challenge blog and look around. We would LOVE to have you play along in our challenges. Your sweet cards would be SO perfect for our challenges, and we have two great prizes again this week. I hope you will stop by and check it out.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful art. Hope to see you soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Amy White said...

What a fabulous CAS card! Love what you've done with the masking of the woodgrain background - genius!! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for your reaction on my blog Bonnie!
I came to take a look at your blog and wow! you're an expert in cardmaking! Love what you do!
I became a follower so I don't miss any of your beautiful cards!
Have a nice weekend,
Charlotte