Sunday, December 2, 2012

More Winter Memories

The Winter Memories set is sure bringing back some good childhood memories!  I was so blessed to have a wonderful childhood and a brother to share it with.  I remember being so excited to make a snowman, especially with that first snow of the season.


Freshly Made Sketches had a wonderful sketch by Rita this week.  I love the CASness of this sketch. 

Jingle Belles wants to keep up the momentum so they have an Anything Goes challenge for the month of December.

CAS Challenge at SCS last week was to make a card based on the quote - 
 I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night- Galileo 
I embossed some stars in the sky before sponging it.  I thought of going to to play in the snow after supper. That was the best time to play.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge also has anything goes.  I've never been to that challenge before and I can't believe how many entries they have! They have a great prize. 

Pixie's Crafty Workshop is always a fun place to visit. If you haven't been there before,  do go visit.

Queen for the Day at SCS this week is Julia aka craftyjulia.  I chose this adorable card as inspiration.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Memories, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, SU Markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Midnight Muse, DSP scraps
Other:  White EP, Stampin' Sponge, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Circle Die (Spellbinders)

OK, I'm off to work on those Christmas cards again and make another batch of my snacks to get in the mail.  They smell so good and my tummy is growling.  Maybe I'll stop to eat some first. 

I'm so glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!


19 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is beautiful Bonnie - Love your colouring and your sponging is fabulous!

jimlynn said...

I would still love to build a snowman - but no snow ever falls around this part of Texas! Sigh!!!
But I could look at your card all day long and just dream - so beautiful!
Lynn

Loll said...

Your coloring is amazing. Love that vintagey-feel image. Your banners are perfect for the backdrop.

Lisa said...

So beautiful! You created a lovely scene here Bonnie!

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a gorgeous card! You colored it perfectly! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo

Cynthia said...

I see why it's called Winter Memories--such a CUTE image! I totally love the little puppy too! Beautiful card, Bonnie!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

Fabulous use of your snippets .. .. and such a lovely little snow scene too.

Hope your weekend was good.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the CAS style and the image stands out beautifully.

Di said...

Really lovely card Bonnie! The first snow is so magical I agree :) Hugs, Di xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Bonnie, and I do like the vintage topper ... takes me back to my childhood too :) Elizabeth xx

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! What an abosolutely beautiful image! It reminds me of a snow globe! Perfect. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

Well, Bonnie, my goodness, would you look at all those challenges!! Wow!

Your card is such a wonderful classic, even more beautiful because it evokes those wonderful childhood memories with brother. Well done!!

Aileen said...

You've created a gorgeous scene Bonnie. It's like a window into your personal memories! x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Mmmm....what are those snacks you were making to ship? Bet they're good, no matter what they are!

Your card brings back fond memories for me too, of playing in the snow. My kids unfortunately don't have too many days with snow in their pasts. Hope global warming allows us some snow days this winter.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card!

Sarn said...

I LOVE snow too . . . such exciting stufff (except if I have to travel!).

Lovely card Bonnie. xxx

Jan Hennings said...

This is just too sweet!

MaryH said...

So pretty and fresh looking. Love the V-shaped strips behind the circle, must remember to try that. Very effective layout, and great coloring. Love my snowmen! Hugs