Monday, December 3, 2012

One More Merry Monday

Guess what?  We're having another Merry Monday!



Lesley says, "Although our weekly challenges are finished for 2012, we have decided to have a 2 week "Any Past Sketch" Challenge here at Merry Monday! You are welcome to use any of the past Merry Monday Sketches. To see all the sketches, please CLICK HERE.

When you create your post on your blog, please be sure to include the Sketch you used as well as the card you created." 


I chose sketch #12 since I wanted to use this new MB die.  Here's the sketch....


I cut 2 of the County Village and used some Stampin Dimensionals behind the front piece to give it a 3D look.

I put my new favorite snowflake embossing folder to use on the vellum and the Whisper White panel.  Once I got the village laid out, it went pretty fast.

Check out the other designers favorite sketches.  You'll be glad you did.


If you have some stampin' time, pick a sketch, make a card and link it up at the Merry Monday Challenge.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  To You and Yours (retired)
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Vellum
Other:  Country Village die (MB), Modern Label Punch, Snowflake EF (Cuttlebug)

Thanks for stopping by.  I can't wait to see what you've created lately.

Enjoy!



23 comments:

Lesley said...

I love that you overlapped that die twice Bonnie, such a sweet card and the perfect way to interpret the sketch!

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea to cut 2 and pop the die forward. I will have to remember that trick!

Love the card but especially love that gorgeous embossing plate. That really does look like snow!!!

Marisa said...

Such a wonderful scene! Love the falling snow too :)

Susan said...

LOVE this card....can you tell me who makes this die?

Bonnie said...

Susan, I don't see an address to contact you. Memory Box makes this die. I believe it's called Country Landscape.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card and I'm lovin' that embossing folder too!
Lynn

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Susan, I love this embossing folder :) and it works perfectly with the scene you have created.

LeAnne said...

INgenious! I have this die and never thought to double it up! On my list of "things to try"!!!!

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

Love what you have done with the die. It looks great with a dark background and the embossing.

Love Jules xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful elegant card with that village die ! Happy Monday, Shirleyx

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card Bonnie! Love that MB die you used so much I ordered it today.

Susan said...

Gorgeous card! Love the doubling up of the village die. Next year I'm going to try and play Merry Monday each week. You've created such a beautiful series of cards for it!

Loll said...

Fabulous!! That vellum layer for the sky is sheer genious!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! Bonnie, that is lovely, the die is awesome and what you have done with it.

Darnell said...

Another wonderful card, Bonnie, with a nostalgic feel to it: a wonderful neighborly place where anyone would want to spend Christmas!

Marybeth said...

Such a wonderful winter scene this is. Love that you layered two dies sure adds to the town. Great idea! The snow and vellum look beautiful ! I agree with Darnell I woul want to spend Christmas there .

Aileen said...

This is perfect Bonnie. I love your snowy houses. I'm hoping Santa will bring some of these dies and leave them under my tree! x

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, Bonnie! I like that embossing folder you used..haven't seen that one before. It's PERFECT for your card, with its snowy appearance.

Carol L said...

I love the scene you've created, and your use of the die is very creative! Great card!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful scene, Bonnie! I love the depth you created by overlapping the die cuts and the way you continued the "snow" onto the blue strip.
Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jan Hennings said...

Love this..what a super sweet design!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! I love the landscape die! You have added it to the top of my want/need list! Such an enabler you are! :-)

MaryH said...

This has 2 of my favorite new things: the Snowflake folder, and the MB die. You've combined them so well and made just a perfectly lovely card. The layout is wonderful. TFS