Friday, December 14, 2012

Present

I've seen so many wonderful ways to present gift cards, but of course I didn't have any on hand.  So when I needed to fancy some up to send for Christmas presents, I needed something quick and easy.  Here's what I came up with. (It looks like I should have straightened the ribbon before I took the picture. Funny how it looked fine "in person".)


I took a piece of 12" double sided paper from the Be of Good Cheer Collection.  I scored it at 4" and 8", turned it and scored at 4" and 8" again.  I used my paper cutter to cut out the corners leaving a cross shape. It was easy to fold it around the gift card. A piece of ribbon, a tag and some jingle bells make a pretty little present to slip  under the tree.

The CASology challenge this week is....



I'm not sure that this will be considered Clean and Simple but I'm going to share it there anyway.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Tags til Christmas: Pinecone (available as a single stamp until 1-2-12
Ink:  SU Markers (Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler)
Paper:  Be of Good Cheer DSP
Other:  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Decorative Label Punch, Jingle Bells (non SU), 

I've just been reading about the slaughter in Connecticut.  My heart goes out to all the people in that town and particularly the survivors and families of those murdered.  I think we need to pray that the true gift of Christmas can find His way into our hearts.

Thanks for stopping by.



15 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm praying with you, Bonnie.

And I wouldn't have noticed the ribbon being askew--I thought it was just at a jaunty angle. :-)

Ardyth said...

Bonnie - this is lovely! What a beautifully rich bow and a gorgeous way to present a gift card. Thanks so much for sharing your gift with us at CASology this week!

Loll said...

Love your gift card packaging. Don't you just love the "Be of Good Cheer" DP ... it's my favorite! Love the pretty tag and the jingle bells are so sweet!

jimlynn said...

So pretty! I love the idea of putting bells under the bow. I did the same thing with some of my gift cards this year, but never even thought to use DP for them and used wrapping paper instead. Mine are not even close to being so lovely though!
Lynn

Marisa said...

Loving that paper and the big red bow and bells is fabulous :)

Darnell said...

Very clever, Bonnie, and very very Christmassy! I think your bow is fab and I LOVE the jingle bells!!

My prayer is that we have the strength to rise up this time, as a nation, to cry enough is enough. Don't we otherwise all have the blood of those innocent children on our hands? My heart is breaking for those familes.

Cheryl O. said...

Quick and cute - I like that! TFS. And I agree with you, Bonnie - breaks my heart over the CT shooting and I'm praying the same way you are.

Marlou McAlees said...

I loooove your card and the jingle bells are fab :)

Patti said...

I always need gift card holders. This is such a pretty, quick & easy one to make. TFS.

Patti said...

This is quite the dapper snowman. Adorable card.

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so pretty and love the bells and thanks for the instuctions on how to do it...and the bow is set at a jaunty angle ! x

Rosemary said...

simply gorgeous, bonnie!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie your cards always make me smile, thanks for the gift. Thank you also so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie! Love your bow & cute jingle bells! :)
Thoughts & prayers for those in CT. A sad, sad day....

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie, a lovely gift to unwrap under the tree. The ribbon makes it even more special.

I've shed a few tears watching the reports, our thoughts go out to the families too. x