Sunday, February 10, 2013

For Queen Susan

My friend Susan is the Queen this week at SCS.  I am so excited for you my friend!


This is Susan's card that I've CASEd.  I sponged the background instead of using that distressing technique, used the sponging as the second layer of the die cut, a different stamp to remind her that Spring is on it's way and a big blue layer.  I probably could have left the bow off, but it's too late now.  It seems to be on there to stay.

If you have a chance, check out Susan's gallery.  You'll have to scroll down a bit to see her cards as all the beautiful cards made in her honor are posted at the top.

To make the frame, I cut a frame from scrap paper using 2 of the Labels dies.  I used some removable adhesive on the back of the frame, laid it on the cardstock diecut and sponged the inside of the frame having the ink heavier on the edges and lightening as I got toward the center.  Leaving the frame in place, I inked the stamp with markers and stamped the design.  

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Love and Sympathy
Ink:  River Rock, SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist)
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist
Other:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Labels Collection Framelits, Stampin' Sponge, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon

I'm so glad you could visit.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Wonderful color combination. Love your sponging and the embossed background. And the stamped flower is beautiful! Lovely way to honor Susan by CASE'ing one of her gorgeous cards! Loll xx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie, and thanks for saying how you made that frame around the image! So pretty and the tiny bow just tops it off.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Oh, Bonnie, thanks for the idea of using TWO die cuts to make that cool border. I'm smacking my forehead over here!! ;-) It makes for one gorgeous card!

Benzi said...

That is such a sweet flower and the sponging really makes it stand out. It's a beauty for Susan. I have to make her a card this week. Went out of town and couldn't play in the challenge Friday so I'm behind.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card Bonnie!

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Bonnie, l just love that masked panel...Very elegant! xxx

Susan said...

Thank you so much, Bonnie! I commented on SCS too. Thanks for explaining how you did the white frame around the image - it's a perfect touch to set off the flower.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that embosing Bonnie and the image and colour

Isn't it funny that when you want something off, it's stuck for good and when you want it to stick, the things keep coming off. LOL

Aileen said...

The mask is so effective and the water colour flower looks fab. x