Sunday, April 14, 2013

Featuring Lin

The Featured Stamper this week at SCS is Lin, aka bearpaw. I was truly awestruck looking through her gallery!  I think I'll be CASEing more than one of her cards this week! Click on her name if you want a good dose of inspiration!

The Summer Solstice stamp set has been on my list for two years.  Somehow it always got moved to the bottom of the list.  Recently, I moved it to the top and I'm so glad I did.  When I saw this card in Lin's gallery, I knew it was time to ink it up.



The Free4All Challenge at SCS this week is LET THE SUN SHINE IN!!  I hope this puts you in mind of the warm sunshine that brings out the leaves and butterflies!  And around hear right now, a cloud of pollen!

After stamping the butterflies, I colored the bodies with a Basic Gray Marker.  Then I cut masks so I could stamp the leaves around and behind them.  I've found this fantastic film (Frisket Film by Grafix).  It's very thin so there's no blank line around the masked image.  It's also sheer so you can place it exactly.  I store the masks in the box with the stamps so I can use it again.

This was so quick and easy!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Summer Solstice, Fourteen Phrases (Incentive set)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, SU Marker (Basic Gray)
Paper:  So Saffron, Whisper White, Concord Crush
Other:  Blender Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!



18 comments:

Ardyth said...

Not sure if this set would have ever made it to my list, but now that I see this card, I wish it had! So pretty and sunny - love the big yellow border and the colours in your scene!

Darnell said...

YOUR card will be one that is CASEd, too, Bonnie! Laoove! That so saffron is a fantastic base for your design!!

Greta said...

What a lovely card, Bonnie! I'm going to check out the inspiration gallery, although yours gives me plenty of inspiration!

jimlynn said...

I'll to go look up that set now, as this is just gorgeous! Love those beautiful colors of the butterflies. So lovely.
Lynn

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Bonnie!!
I love the colours and the stamps you've used! :)

I'd love it is you would join me at my new blog where I post almost every day now!
www.creatinandstampin.blogspot.co.uk

Hugs,
Lizy xx

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the images.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your card is beautiful, love the colour of the matting. I also thought this was one stamp until I read the description, awesome stamping! Cheers, Shirleyx

Cynthia said...

I agree with Darnell up there--I will be CASEing this one too!! ;-) Love the colors, the layers, the butterflies! Gorgeous!!!

Benzi said...

All I can say here is 'STUNNING'. I love this card and the pretty color paper you used. Good job masking.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! I never really paid too much attention to this set in the catalog, but in COLOR it is fabulous! I love it!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. The butterflies are gorgeous. Cathy x

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful Bonnie :)you did a fabulous job of masking-i too would have thought this was one stamp.
Nessa xx

Aileen said...

Lovely job of the masking. Your panel is fab. x

Susan said...

Your card definitely speaks of sunshine! Such lovely colours!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! yes, a sunny card and we in the UK need sun and warmth.

Me no stamp, but I will try this in digi :)

Maria said...

Very pretty card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, magnificent job on honoring Lin! Aren't her cards amazing?

obee said...

This card is truly gorgeous! The colors worked so well to give the real feel of sunshine...