Monday, April 1, 2013

Nature Walk Birthday

I found this robin in my UFO box.  He was actually stamped on the front of a one layer card that I wasn't happy with.


This Seize the Birthday sketch is for the guys this week and it seemed perfect for this guy.


It's still pretty simple, but using the bird as a smaller layer instead of the whole card front was a great fit.  I masked the bird and stamped the French Script (retired) in Sahara Sand.  Then I overstamped with some of the other images from the Nature Walk set.

I cut the card base a little narrower so I could cut out the tail and let it hang off the edge.  I hope his tail feathers don't get squished when he goes in an envelope.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk, French Foliage (retired), Wow Flowers (retired)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, SU Markers (Peach Parfait, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand)
Paper:  Naturals White, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Blender Pen

I'm so glad you could stop by today.

Enjoy!



19 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Fabulous masculine card. Your bird looks so 3-D with the outline. Love the way the tail goes beyond the card front! Loll xx

Cynthia said...

Ooo, Loll is right--love the 3-D effect on your little bird! Gorgeous colors!

Stacey Schafer said...

lovely card!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely natural feel to your card Bonnie, beautiful card.

Irene said...

A fabulous male card Bonnie.
luv
irene
xxxx

LeAnne said...

I just love this--and it reminds me that I haven't used this wee bird in a long time! So glad you didn't toss him in the trash and were able to redeem him into this beauty!

OH Babs said...

Bonnie, I love your card. It is nice to see some of the older/retired SU! stamps used as it gives me ideas.

Susan said...

Bonnie, I love this card - will have to keep it on file for ideas for using Nature Walk. What a great idea to re-use the bird from a card you weren't happy with!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card for a guy!! OR even a gal! Love that image and the way you did the background for it. Glad you joined us for Seize the Birthday too!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I really really like this, that bird is awesome love the script too

Aileen said...

He looks fab on his new home! Beautiful card. x

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL card Bonnie. I love the stamping you did with the script. So glad you joined us again at Seize the Birthday.

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous card! Your little bird looks marvelous on the natural paper! Love it!

Lesley said...

Awesome combo of stamps Bonnie, love that bird. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card-i do love that little bird,and he sits perfectly on the script backing paper-lovely.
Thank you for stopping by my new little Blog,and for the comment-i appreciate it,hugs,Nessa :)

Benzi said...

Way to use that UFO box. You always tickle me talking about it because I think of Unidentified Flying Objects. Your card is gorgeous and I love the feather out of the box. It'll probably mail just fine. I mailed one once that I was sure the thin leg would be off of when the recipient got it, but it arrived just fine.

Marybeth said...

Another one I love. What a find with that little bird! He is gorgeous on top of the script!

Darnell said...

A pinner winner, Bonnie! I didn't even notice if you were entering this in any challenge, but it's definitely a winner and a keeper in my folder of faves!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Saw this in my email inbox and fell instantly in love. Must Pin!