Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunrise Sunset Serene Silhouette

The CAS challenge at SCS yesterday was to do a card inspired by this quote:

May every sunrise hold more promise
and every sunset hold more peace.


The quote made me think of this card that I had done with the Watercolor Splotches technique.  I don't believe I had ever posted it. (I can see that I have learned a lot about editing since I did this picture.)

I love the quote and think I will do it up on the computer to use in sympathy or thinking of you cards.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes (stamped twice)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Re-inkers
Paper:  Shimmery White, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Other:  Aquapainter, Ticket Corner Punch, Square Lattice EF, Rich Razzleberry Ribbon (retired), Linen Thread, Basic Rhinestones

I hope the week is off to a good start for you.  Thanks for visiting.

Enjoy!


15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie. The watercolour technique is beautiful and I love your ribbon/twine trim. Elizabeth xx

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, I dearly love the way you did the background on this! So unique and awesome.
Lynn

Marisa said...

Wonderful silhouette image and great use of the technique. Lovely card.

Cynthia said...

I love that quote too, Bonnie. It would work for a number of situations. Love the flaming sky on your card--gorgeous and peaceful at the same time!

Benzi said...

What a beautiful watercolor splotches technique, Bonnie. The card is beautiful. That really is a wonderful quote for a sympathy card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stamping Bonnie-what a great technique-i'm off to have a look at your tutorial thank you so i can have a go :)
Nessa xx

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic water color splotches! Beautiful quote too!

Alice said...

very pretty background. beautiful card!

Jules said...

Morning Bonnie

A great quote .. .. and a great card too.

Love your colour choices and that fabby technique. Will have to check that out!!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Laura said...

What a beautiful card, Bonnie!! And a lovely quote. I got to give that technique a try looks like alot of Fun!! TFS

Aileen said...

What an effective background for your silhouette stamps. So dreamy I could look at it for ages. This would make super wall art! x

Susan said...

Wonderful interpretation of the quote - a beautiful card!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous background effect Bonnie, your card suits the quote perfectly :)

Loll said...

Wow! Love the technique ... and love the colors you've used for your sunset! Gorgeous ... and the silhouette stamp is perfect! Loll xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous ! Love the background & colours, beautiful design. Hope you are doing well, Shirleyx