Monday, May 27, 2013

Merry Monday, Merry Christmas

It's Merry Monday time again.  Here's Lesley's wonderful CAS sketch for this week.



Here's the first card I made with this sketch.


It didn't turn out as well as I'd envisioned it.  So I started over.  And this is what I ended up with.  I like it much better. And you can't get any more CAS (Clean And Simple)!


It's actually inspired by this card by Susan Goetter.  I thought it was a perfect fit for this sketch.

Be sure to check out the wonderful cards the Design Team has created.




OK, now it's your turn.  I can't wait to see what you come up with. Then come on over and share it with us at Merry Monday!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe (Card 1)
Stamps:  Come to Bethlehem
Ink:  VersaMark, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Basic Gray
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Other:  Pewter EP, Stampin' Sponge, Star Die (MB)

Card Recipe (Card 2)
Stamps:  Come to Bethlehem
Ink:  Encore Silver
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red
Other:  Kars Snowflake Spots (Cuttlebug), Silver EP, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Silver Cord (Michaels)

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie, I love your first card and the second one you made, too. I must get that snowflake embossing folder. Every time I see you use it, I want it! LOL

Lesley said...

I love both cards, Bonnie! The silver cord on the red ribbon is so pretty!! Happy Memorial day my friend!
Hugs,
Lesley

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love both cards, but I vote for the first one as my favorite.

Cynthia said...

Gosh, I love both of them!! The shadowy Wise Men make for a powerful image. And the red makes a powerful punch! =D

Marisa said...

Whoo hooo, a twofer!! Lovely work on both. Great CAS card and that camel scene is fabulous.

Laura said...

Both cards Are lovely Bonnie,Especially the Red and White. Red Is my fav color!!Beautiful Satin Ribbon!! And I love the CAS sketch!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are wonderful Bonnie, the scene you created with the first card is lovely and the second card is so elegant.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love both cards, but have to admit the red and white stands out, beautiful cards.

Love the others I have missed commenting on too.

jimlynn said...

Both are just beautiful, but do love the look on the second one! Can't beat that red and white combo either.
Lynn

Marybeth said...

Bonnie I love them both! The second on is a bit more CAS but the first one is a beautiful Christmas card! Hope you are enjoying the Memorial weekend.

MaryH said...

I think both cards are lovely. Just got the SU image, and will have to CASE what you did on this one (please! & thank you!). Since red is a fav color, I'm awed by the red & white too, very striking. Don't ask me to pick between these 2 cards though...would be just too hard to do that! TFS

stampwithsandy said...

Bonnie, both creations are gorgeous! But I must agree that I love the red and white one the best. Very "klassy"!

nwilliams6 said...

Both are wonderful! I do like the second best as it is so vivid and bright but the first is top notch as well. This sketch is so great and your interpretations are very creative.

Doris said...

That first card really hit me...the scene, the star, the soft colors and most importantly, the message. Look for me to CASE it later!

Susan said...

While I like the first card, the second one is perfection!! I just love the simplicity and perfect design of it. The silver cord is a wonderful touch in the red ribbon, and brings out the silver ep.

Marie Bingaman said...

BOTH of your cards using this sketch are gorgeous, IMO! :)

LeAnne said...

I ADORE the red card....so clean & crisp, it shouts Christmas!

Erika Clark said...

I love one card just as well as the other! The lovely Christmas scene is so nice, but I do love that bold CAS look too. Pretty!

Maria said...

Wow! Love both Christmas cards! The first card is just perfect! I have that stamp and just am amazed at the your coloring for this gorgeous Christmas card! And, love the background and pop of red for your second card!

Wendy said...

Both cards are beautiful, Bonnie but that red one stands out to me! I love the red against the crisp white snowny piece! Wonderful job on both!
Have a great week! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've done a beautiful job on both cards Bonnie! I can't choose which card I like best!