Thursday, May 23, 2013

Playing with Decorative Paper

A couple of weeks ago I had a wonderful surprise in the mail.  My friend Doris sent me a package of stamping goodies.  Thank you, Doris!

This beautiful paper was in it and it immediately won my heart.  All I had to do was trim it off a little and it was a perfect fit!


I missed two challenges with this card but I wanted to share it with you anyway.  

But wait...

At Addicted to Stamps the challenge is 

ANYTHING GOES!!


At SCS the Ways to Use It challenge is Garden Theme but with no flowers.  Well there is a flower but mainly it's a dragonfly.

The sentiment is a sneak peek of a Hostess Set in the upcoming catalog.  You can begin ordering from that catalog on May 31st.  This set is going to be a keeper!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Express Yourself
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, DSP (Unknown)
Other:  Adorning Accents Edgelit, Adorning Accents EF,  Rose Red Seam Binding

I'm glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie. I agree, that paper is simply beautiful and your over-stamping is just right too. Elizabeth xx

jimlynn said...

Whoa!!! That paper is awesome and I love this card! Very pretty with the scallops along the bottom too. So very lovely!
Lynn

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design, I love the peach & brown together. I'm trying to figure out if you stamped the dragonfly or it's part of the pretty Designer Paper. Shirleyx

Cathy said...

hi Bonnie, beautiful card, what gorgeous paper, the colours are so lovely :) Cathy x

Cynthia said...

Looooove those colors!! Gorgeous card!

Emily Keaton said...

Bonnie, that patterned paper is absolutely stunning!! You used it to perfect advantage on this gorgeous card. So Clean and simple!

Florence said...

Lucky girl Bonnie! That paper is lovely. Great card. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Florence x

Greta said...

Wow--exquisite paper & you used it beautifully, Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

Wow-What gorgeous paper-Bonnie you are right,it needed nothing more to make a beautiful card :)
Nessa xx

Sue - said...

That paper is absolutely beautiful!

sandie said...

I love this Bonnie, the paper is just gorgeous and looks perfect on kraft. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Benzi said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous paper and you made a beautiful card with it. I love it!!!

Doris said...

So nice to see that paper put to good use--great card!

Darnell said...

So lovely, Bonnie! Another example of a beautiful way to use up stunning paper! What a great gift from Doris!!

Laura said...

How nice Of your friend! She sent you some pretty paper!! Stunning Card!! TFS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful gift and a beautiful card

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow with paper that pretty you don't need to do much else really - but I love how you finished this Bonnie with the scalloped bottom and beautiful bow. A beautiful card - glad you were able to join us this week at ATS&M for Anything Goes.

Maria said...

Amazing color...love it!!!