Thursday, June 20, 2013

Everything Eleanor For Queen Diane

This week's Queen for the Day is Diane (aka pinkberry).  I loved all the butterflies in her gallery and was going to do a butterfly card until I saw this flower in my UFO box.  It looked pretty sad and lonely, so I cut it out, touched up the color, cut out some leaves from another UFO (leaves but no flowers) and CASEd this card.



I used the colors from last week's CAS challenge at SCS to use 

melon mambo, crumb cake, pear pizzazz, white


I'm a little late for that party, but SCS doesn't have deadlines.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Everything Eleanor, Simply Sketched (Hostess set)
Ink:  Melon Mambo, SU Markers (Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz)
Other:  Perfect Polka Dots EF, White Gel Pen

I've gotta say that this card makes me happy! I used some UFOs,  the sentiment is a NBUS and the flag is from snippets.  And it's perfect for a friend whose birthday is coming up!

Enjoy!






13 comments:

obee said...

Love the white on white, and melon mambo is a favorite of mine too. UFO box sounds like a good idea for me... We do seem to have a lot in common! 44 years and a two year old grandchild? Precious, right?

Sue - said...

Pretty card. Everything Eleanor has to be one of my favourite sets. So glad it hasn't retired!

Cynthia said...

It cracks me up that you have so much awesomeness in your UFO box!! =D This is one gorgeous card! Love the color combo too.

Jeanne H said...

I too would miss your posts, but really understand that spending time with little ones (my Grandkids are pre-teen now and show the angst, but really need more attention!) Hope you still create. Blogging is not as important. :)

jimlynn said...

SOOOO beautiful! Love that lonesome, pretty flower.
Lynn

Cathy said...

I love this colour Bonnie, your flower is beautifully shaded and the texturesd embossing really sets off the white stamens :) Cathy x

Greta said...

Wonderful CASE! Love all the white with that beautiful pink!

Doris said...

What fun to make use of something so pretty from a UFO!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie! Such a crisp and striking creation!

MaryH said...

This hot pink on white really sparkles & says "Summer & Raspberry Lemonade" to me. Loved the entire design, that you were able to use UFOs, NBUSs, and snippets too. You really hit the jackpot with this lovely card. I liked the one you cased too, but especially loved the one you made using up 'schtuff'. TFS & Happy weekend.

Susan said...

Really great layout - I could see using it with Vintage Vogue and Fabulous Floret stamps too! Perfect layers and colours!

Aileen said...

Love your lifted banner and pretty flower. x

Darnell said...

Ah, yes indeed, Bonnie, your lovely flower looks so much better showcased on your pretty card than sitting in your UFO box! Love all the acronyms on parade here and the use of snippets, too!!