Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fluttering by with Dynamic Duos

Hi again.  That UFO box of mine is getting a workout.  It's really fun to find items that work for a challenge card.  When I saw the Dynamic Duos challenge, I thought about these leaves that I had stamped a while back.  (Probably at least a year ago.) They didn't work for what I wanted that day and got tossed in the box.



Don't these pieces work perfectly for this challenge? I love it when that happens!


The butterfly was from a friend's punch.  She brought it for Stamp and Share and I punched a few of these beauties before she left.  I hadn't found just the right image to put them on until now.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Growing Green (retired), Blooming with Kindness
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Acrylic Pad, Basic Black
Other:  Butterfly Punch (?)

Your response to my thoughts on blogging yesterday are heartwarming!  I'm not going to give up entirely and in a few months when the boys are in kindergarten and preschool, I'll be back full steam ahead.  Honestly, it's so hard to cut back. Making cards helps keep my sanity and I love to share and see what you are doing too.  It's hard to cut back on what you love.  I'll be around.  Thanks for the love!

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!





16 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the butterfly punch. Is it a su die cut or spellbinders

Susie W. said...

Very pretty card! Love the butterfly!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Bonnie, love your CAS scene and the black butterfly. Your cards are always so fresh. I have this punch but not sure where it is. I think MS?

Marisa said...

Gorgeous CAS card, BOnnie!! Love it.

Doris said...

I have the b'fly punch, and it's by Martha Stewart. Your cards are beautiful, Bonnie. As for Stamp and Share, I love doing that here, too. I didn't know there was a name for it, though!

Doris said...

The butterfly punch is Martha Stewart (I have it.) Funny you should mention sanity... When people ask me if making cards saves money, I tell them (after I stop laughing) " No, but it's cheaper than therapy."

Autumn Mist said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie!

Cynthia said...

Love the one-off stamping of the leaves! It's the perfect setting for that lovely butterfly!!

Loll said...

That butterfly punch is gorgeous. Beautiful paired with your double-stamped leave sprig. Great design, my friend! Loll xx

Laura said...

I love the Butterfly punch with the stamp image is Perfect. And I love the color combo!! As always I love your CAS cards!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card Bonnie- it's great when you find something in the stash that will work on a current card

Marybeth said...

Bonnie,yes the leaves go perfectly for this challange and the colors. Simple and elegant!

Greta said...

Wow--good thing you saved the leaves as they're wonderful! Love the black butterfly--never thought to use a black one.

Unknown said...

A lovely, elegant card Bonnie :) Glad you're not disappearing from blogland! ;)
Lizy xx

Susan said...

Another beautiful card! I have that butterfly punch - you've inspired me to use it again.

Aileen said...

Love the simplicity Bonnie. x