Friday, April 3, 2015

Sponged and Stenciled

 I've used a couple of techniques on this card.




I used a leaf stencil that Loll had sent me.

This is not as CAS as some of my cards.  I hope it's not too busy.


I think this will work for the 


I've used stamping plus sponging and stenciling.
I sponged through the stencil and sponged the die cut iris.



We have enjoyed such a beautiful day today.
The leaves are popping out on the trees.
It's good to see green again.
And the flowering trees are so pretty.
I need to take my camera outside.


I'm so glad you stopped by to visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  French Script (retired)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Other;  Leaf stencil (gift), Iris die (Penny Black)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted




22 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie! So soft and springy! Hope you have a good Easter!

Betty said...

beautiful spring card Bonnie - love it!

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful,Flag Iris . Works for me. Hugs Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card so elegant, lovely colours.

Loll said...

Wow ... gorgeous card Bonnie. Love the stenciled and stamped background. Subtle in colour but with lots of impact, it created a beautiful backdrop to show off your gorgeous iris. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your subtle stamped and stenciled background Bonnie. Really makes your Gorgeous die cut iris pop:-) TFS my friend.

jimlynn said...

My irises are in full bloom right now but don't know if they're as pretty as this card. Fabulous.
Lynn

Colleen Dietrich said...

Goodness, no, it's not too busy at all, Bonnie! It's still quite CAS in my book. And very very lovely with the different techniques you applied. I love irises.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter. Rejoice and be glad!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bonnie
Fabulous card ... Love the stencilling....
Gorgeous
Hugs sylvie xx

LesleyG said...

I like Iris, but I like your card more! Lovely subtle colours, and layers, very pretty indeed xxx

Benzi said...

It's such a beautiful Iris and wonderful background, Bonnie.

You're right, it is great to see green coming again outside.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I would not call this too busy at all! It is just perfect--a nice botanical card.

Sue - said...

Very pretty card Bonnie - definitely not too busy! Hope you have a good Easter weekend!

Lyn said...

Perfect card I love it <3

Kylie said...

Your background is subtle and so pretty, Bonnie. The iris is absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Sandy said...

Your cards are always so beautiful - you are indeed a pro!
sandy xx

MaryH said...

Beautiful stencil, and beautiful use of it too. So effective against that lovely iris. Doesn't look busy to me at all! Well done! TFS & Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Susan said...

Fabulous! It's definitely still CAS in my books! Beautiful stencilling, love the text stamp, and really love the iris (one of my favourite flowers).

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous card Bonnie, I am so loving these flower cards you are making! Hugs, Brenda

sannalippert said...

beautiful card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful and serene! Thanks for sharing at the MMCC!