Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Watercolor Class Project


Here's another card that we did in the watercolor class last week.


We stamped the Blended Bloom stamp with Whisper White 
and heat embossed it with white EP.

Then we wet the flower with clean water and dropped some 
Pink Pirouette and Strawberry Slush reinker onto the wet petals.

The center was colored with Daffodil Delight reinker.

After the flower dried (and we had a good chat), we wet around the flower
and added some Pistachio Pudding reinker with a few spots
of Pink Pirouette and Daffodil Delight.

Stamped the sentiment and let the paper dry.

I find that stacking a couple of big books on the dry watercolor
works well to flatten it before adhering to the card base.

My friend Loll has a great tutorial on this technique.

I think this fits the Addicted to Stamps Challenge

A few days ago I posted a card very similar to this one that we did in the class.


I had a question about how I did the background.

Unfortunately, the person who asked the question didn't give me a way to answer her.

So I thought I'd post a similar card and give you a link to the
You may need to be a member of Splitcoaststampers to see the tutorials.
It's free to join and very easy.

After teaching the class, I had several more backgrounds done
and decided to do one with black accents instead of white.

I can't decide which I like better.

Since I used a snippet of black for the butterfly, I'm sharing at

Pixies Crafty Workshop



Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Blended Bloom, Lovely Amazing  You
Ink:  Whisper White, Soft Suede
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. cold press)
Other:  Reinkers (Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Pistachio Pudding), Corner Rounder (Fiskars), Aqua Painter, White EP

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Enjoy (Penny Black)
Ink:  Whisper White, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Pool Party, Watercolor (Arches), Basic Black
Other:  Reinkers (Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight), Butterflies Thinlits, Stencil (Made from Window Sheet, Circle Collection Framelits, 1/2" Circle Punch), Sponge Dauber


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted





20 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! This card would be perfect for our watercolor challenge at The Paper Players.

Bobby said...

Your watercoloring is superb, Bonnie. That flower is perfect for it. I went back and looked at the previous post for the background on the second card. They are both lovely. I finally signed up to get you by email since I've been way behind reading my feed and commenting.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful card, love your watercolouring.

Sue - said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. You've really cracked the water colouring technique.

MaryH said...

Doing some catchup this morning, and what a treat to enjoy 2 lovely cards. #1 just takes my breath away with the awesome floral water coloring. Am loving these marbled backgrounds, and you've mastered Loll's technique wonderfully well. Each card is so pretty, just perfect for approaching Spring (wait a minute...it IS spring! Our weather can't seem to decide lately). TFS & Hugs

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty - love the soft colors and the watercolor techniques - wonderful!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your water coloring is breathtaking!! So soft and wonderful

jimlynn said...

I love looking at your beautiful cards with the water coloring....and just can't get the hang of doing it myself! So beautiful.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Oh my Bonnie, this card is stunning! I love how the watercoloring turned out and I just love that flower. I really need to ink mine up. One day when hubby is feeling better. Hugs, Brenda

JD/ Jill said...

How pretty! Beautiful watercoloring! I need to check out your links!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful. You make this technique sound so easy and the effect is lovely. I may have to give this a try!

Di said...

I adore both cards of course Bonnie, super water colouring of that glorious flower and of course LOVE the snippets butterfly bokeh card!

Hugs

Di xx

JoAnn said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the pretty flower on the first and the black butterfuly on the second one just pops against that pretty blue background.

Susan said...

Beautiful! You've inspired me to do some watercolouring!

laurie said...

You are the BEST at watercolor!Awesome cards, Bonnie!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Thanks for the shout-out! xx

Both your w/c butterfly cards are beautiful. The black really pops off this soft and pretty background. xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, TFS the bokeh technique link too. It looks to be simple but so effective. Your butterfly looks amazing on it, Cathy x

Greta said...

So beautiful, Bonnie!

said...

¡Linda mariposa! :)
Te dejo abrazos <3

Colleen Dietrich said...

Both beautifully watercolored, Bonnie!