Saturday, May 16, 2015

Fresh Daisies for Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge

I am enjoying being the Guest Designer at
Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.



Here's the challenge



I die cut 8 of the flowers from Whisper White and sponged
Marina Mist ink on them.

Three more were cut from some scraps of  DP not being too fussy about complete blooms.

Using Loll's technique, I shaped the blossoms and layered them by gluing 
just the bottoms of the blooms together with some Crystal Effects and 
dropping some faux flower soft into the glue.

I glued the blooms to the stems and assembled them on the stenciled piece.

Here's a look at the same design with single blooms and no shaping.



I'm so glad I went back and did the shaping.

While I like the single flowers,  I LOVE the shaped ones!

Simon Brand Products this week.


I hope you'll be inspired to create a CAS card using die cuts 

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!
    **********

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Enjoy (PB)
Ink:  Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Marina Mist, Whisper White
Other:  Fresh Daisies Die (SSS), Stencil (Silhouette), Linen Thread, Basic Pearls, Faux Flower Soft (Styrofoam crumbs died with re-inker)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



24 comments:

Loll said...

These cards are beautiful Bonnie. Love the sponged, stenciled background and the gorgeous colour combination. Fantastic design and I love your single flowers card ... but what a difference by adding the shaping, extra layers and the flowersoft ... WOW! Gives the flowers so much dimension and texture. I just want to reach in and touch your card. :) Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month at Happy Little Stampers --- you have been wonderful and so inspiring. xx

Betty said...

wow - the shaping makes such a difference - beautiful card, Bonnie!

jimlynn said...

Both are so lovely! So much dimension and beauty. That's a gorgeous stamp you used - and just the perfect color! Gorgeous!
Lynn

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie it's really lovely huggles Sue xxx

Cathy said...

Both gorgeous cards Bonnie, but wow! the shaping really makes those flowers come alive! Love the background panel too, Cathy x

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful stenciling, colours and dimension! Love this :)

Dana M said...

Gorgeous cards Bonnie! The flowers are amazing and I love the stenciling.

Kylie said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie. Wow, the colours are so vibrant and rich. Love the stencilling and the gorgeous die cuts. It has been a pleasure having you as our Guest Designer at Happy Little Stampers xx

Linda said...

Stunning cards Bonnie. I love the daisy die, and the shaping and layering really does make a difference. The background looks gorgeous too, I love the two colour effect. Linda xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful card BOnnie, love the shaping.

Brenda said...

Congrats on your GD spot gig Bonnie!! You are a great asset to the group! I am totally in love with your cards. Like you I really like the single blooms card, but I am over the moon over the double blooms that you shaped on the first card! Wow, wow, wow!! So stunning and I so love your sponged stenciled background that looks amazing. Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne H said...

Just gorgeous, Bonnie. Love this card. What a lot of work you put into it and it shows!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. I too like the shaped flowers better. Great background too.

Bobby said...

I'm totally CASEing this card, Bonnie. Manipulating the petals really doe give it such a great look.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a classy card Bonnie - so inspiring.
Blessings
Maxine

Julie B said...

Great cards Bonnie, I must admit I do prefer the 3D ones more. Love the soft background too.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Sandy said...

So very beautiful!!
Sandy xx

MaryH said...

Ahhh! I like it both ways, but I do think the shaped flowers added tremendous dimension to the card. The background was so pretty to show off the wonderful color & texture on these gorgeous blooms. Beautiful card. TFS & Hgus

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card Bonnie!! I love the dimension on the flowers!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Neets B said...

Fabulous, Bonnie. Love those shaped blooms and I also like the way you've gently stenciled with the same colours as the stem and flowers.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is stunning, Bonnie! I adore the background behind your wonderful flowers!

Julia Aston said...

Your layered blooms are just beautiful Bonnie! Love the shaped ones!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh Bonnie, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love all the texture on your die cut blooms and your stenciled background is stunning! Love the color palette, too!

Lin said...

Bonnie, I saw this on Pinterest, and just had to come tell you how lovely it is to me! Love the flowers, of course, but your sweet soft background is perfect with them, too! You do beautiful work!