Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fun with Inka Gold


I had such fun today.

My friends Jan and Josie came and we played, ate and played some more.
We missed you Nance.

First we played with Inka Gold.

We each researched techniques so we had lots of ideas.

Some things we learned:

Inka Gold spreads better with your finger than a latex glove.

Baby wipes don't get it off your fingers.  It spreads it.

The more you spritz it with water, the less it shines.
(But it still has some shimmer.)

Sponge brushes work well to spread it with stencils.

That beautiful metallic shine doesn't show up well in photographs.

It's an awesome product and makes beautiful backgrounds 
and color to die cuts.


I wanted to make another card for my friend Darnell's NBUS challenge
Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)
so I pulled out my NBUS box.
(It's like weight lifting.)

This was the perfect NBUS to use since Darnell (cough) enabled me to get this die set.

I cut it out and put it over a piece of the Inka Gold Smoosh.
(Did I say that smooshing was a technique we tried?)

Then to really entrench myself in this challenge and since the box was already out
and needed to be lightened before it was returned to it's resting place,
I used the new Stampin' Up! set, Grateful Bunch
to stamp the sentiment and the delightful butterfly.

I'm also taking this over to

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog
Make Your Own Background


And with the smooshing (Inka Gold with water per Loll's tutorial
which is a form of watercolor, stamping, die cuts and bling, this is a
card for our March Challenge.


And may I add that Loll and I are so excited that so many of you have joined our challenge.

You warm our hearts!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Grateful Bunch (SU)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay (SU)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena)
Other:  Inka Gold (Steel Blue, Jade, Platinum), Distress Windham Collage Die (MB), Moonstone Assorted Sequin Assortment (SSS)



29 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! Great colors...you are inspiring me to get some of my dies out...

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous card! Your play session with Inka Gold sounds fun! Thanks for sharing what you learned. Our local Michaels used to carry it but now that I am interested in buying some they stopped! Grrrr!

Greta said...

Gorgeous background & I can see why you had to get that die--love it! Wonderful project, Bonnie!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie!

Liz said...

Stunning card, Bonnie, I love the background. My two pots of Inka Gold have been gathering dust for quite a while. I had no idea they could be used for smoothing. Must give this technique a try. xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie! Love your beautiful inka gold smooshed background. Looks amazing with that pretty die-cut card front. Glad you had fun today! xx

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tips about the inca's. Love the colours you've used on this gorgeous and beautiful card. Always so much fun to play, especially with friends. You look like you had fun with this one...x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, love the lovely background you created with the Inka Gold paints, that die cut looks amazing with that amazing color behind it.
You are so lucky to have friends to play with, I wish I had my friends near by so we could visit each other and have fun and fabulous card making parties but all of my stamping friends are so far away.....Vermont, North Carolina, Spokane, Ohio, Minnesota.....
So happy you had your friends over to play.

Barb said...

A beautiful card Bonnie. What a gorgeous background and I love the sentiment. Sounds as if you had a great time with your friends. Barbxx

JosieD said...

So cool, Bonnie, that you used a result of our play time and tips learned for a challenge card....which looks great. I had fun and learned a lot!
Josie

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is lovely Bonnie my friend! I LOVE those bright, beautiful colours! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your use of the cutout die and the pretty background and colors. Great job. TFS

Pat said...

A fabulous card Bonnie and the colour is really beautiful showing through the lovely MB die cut, and I love the butterfly and sentiment you have used too. x

TK said...

Exquisite! Beautiful colors, and phenom die!

Susan said...

Beautiful card in beautiful colours! I love your list of Inka Gold tips!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Inka Gold Background Bonnie. TFS all your tips too my friend. I loved how you used your new die too. Hugs, Nancy

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank you so much for sharing your tips with inka gold...I have a bottle but havent really used it much
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...please do drop in .Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful, love the colours and the die and that little butterfly.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your Inka gold background is so pretty! I only have a couple colors and I would love some more. It is a great product and I love love love your layout!

TFS!
~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

jimlynn said...

Beautiful die and a stunning card! Thanks for the tips on the Inka Gold. I know it sparkles and shines.
Lynn

Diane said...

Just a fabulous design Bonnie.

Hugs Diane

Brenda said...

That beautiful blue and green background is inka gold?!! Wow, it is gorgeous! I only have on pot of inka gold and don't really know how to use it. Will have to watch some videos because I love what you have done with yours. I think Loll does some amazing techniques with inka gold too. This card is stunning and what a way to end the NBUS challenge! I love that die cut panel and the beautiful butterfly. This card is simply stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Mrs A. said...

I didn't realise till the other day when watching a tutorial that Ika gold came in other colours. I'm a bit slow on the uptake! Lol. This is a gorgeous card and loving those colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandy said...

Thanks for the tips Bonnie - I am pea green with envy. I sure wish I had some play buddies.
Your card design is lovely but I must say your colors are gorgeous!
sandy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a gorgeous card! I don't know what Inca Gold is but it sure is pretty. I'm not fond of things you spread with your fingers though. I got leery after I did some stencil fun with a friend with sprays and got some spray on my hand. I immediately got a weird taste in my mouth and felt all funky. I ran to the restroom and the more I tried washing it off the weirder I felt. I woke up sicker than a dog in the morning. I think my body absorbed something from it. Now I'm a'scared of all paints, wet inks and sprays. Oh, I should note that I decided to quit dying my hair too because I always felt off and often got sick after a dye job. Apparently I'm a color wuss. Anyway.... so off topic.. love the card. I put stuff back in my desk last night with the help of many, many cats. They aren't so helpful.

Mimi said...

This looks so cool... I have one of these dies in a Funkie Junkie cart... you are inspiring me to pull the trigger on that purchase!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Bonnie, your card is amazing!
The color combo you chose is one of my all time favorite! It works perfectly with the solid white of the rest of the card!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange
Hugs, Zoey

Bobby said...

The Inka Gold comes out so bright and beautiful, Bonnie, which is perfect for peeking through that awesome die cut.

Cat Craig said...

Bonnie, this is fabulous! Your die cut panel is fabulous over that watercolor. spied this at the cas mix up challenge.