Thursday, March 24, 2016

Love Art Daffodil



Daffodils are among the first signs of Spring in NC.

Their bright sunny faces are always a welcome sight.

I thought I'd like to transfer some of that joy to paper.

Alas! My endeavors were lacking and my trash can filled up quickly.

God can make daffodils.  I can only make a weak imitation.

This one made it onto a card.

This beautiful stamp is  from Penny Black's new Love Art set.

I stamped it with Whisper White ink and heat embossed it
on a piece that had already been embossed with the tulip frame.

I colored the image with an Aqua Painter using ink squished onto the lids of the inkpads.

Then I sponged a bit of Soft Sky ink around the bloom.

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

EASTER

and a CAS Mixed Media card.



Watercolored daffodil, sponging, dry embossing, stamping.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Love Art (PB), Something to Celebrate (retired SU)
Ink:  Whisper White, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi (SU)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White (SU)
Other: White EP, Aqua Painter (SU), Tulip EF (retired SU)



17 comments:

designbydonna said...

your card is really beautiful. Great coloring on the daffodil and love the sponged background. The tulip border really sets it off.

Barb said...

A very pretty Easter card Bonnie. I like the embossed frame too. They are beautiful flowers.

We have lots of daffodils at the moment growing on the grass bank outside our cottage and just across the road on a triangular green. I love the springtime. It is my favourite month. I wish you and yours a very Happy Easter. Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

This is such a delicate and pretty card..Yes God made the Daffodils but yours is so very pretty, delightful and is truly the inspiration for Spring x

Marianne said...

As much as I love living in Crete, Greece, I sometimes miss all the spring flowers we enjoyed in the Netherlands: crocuses, tulips and of course daffodils. When I was at university, I would often buy daffodils to put in a vase, since they were so cheap. Thanks for bringing back some sweet memories.

Loll said...

Very pretty daffodil Bonnie!! Love it paired with the embossed daffodil border. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, your daffodil is absolutely beautiful (I may be biased LOL)
Faith
x

Mrs A. said...

Heat embossing first with the white ink has given your daffodil a lovely effect. Anoterh beautiful card. Hugs Mrs A.

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is gorgeous - but I know what you mean about only making a poor representation of God's creation.
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

I just saw another blog where they'd used this embossing folder! I had mine out the other day but never got a card made using it. Love it on this Bonnie. It's so pretty with that gorgeous flower.
Lynn

JosieD said...

Such a soft, gentle and very pretty Easter card. I like the pairing of the daffodils image with the SU tulips embossing folder and the offset position of the image. (The embossing folder is an oldie but goodie fave of mine so will have to dig that out to use soon.) I think God gave you a wonderful ability to appreciate and share His awesome treasures....like spring daffodils!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love your daffodil.

XxJULESxX said...

this card is so beautiful and delicate

Susan said...

Lovely soft colouring of your daffodils and they look great framed by that embossing folder.

Sue from Oregon said...

Awww...this is so so pretty. The Daffy's are blooming at my house and I just love them!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!


♥ Sue Kment

Sandy said...

There is a special place in Heaven for artists and I know that you will be more than welcome there on day. In fact I thing the angels will have you giving lessons!
Beautifully done Bonnie!
Sandy xx

Brenda said...

They are a sign of spring here in PA too, along with the crocus. I love this card Bonnie! It is so beautiful, simple and clean. Love the white embossing and watercoloring of the flower. Stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I always associate daffodils with spring even though they aren't native to here and would wilt in a heartbeat. Lovely card!