This is the actual card that I watercolored during Hurricane Matthew.
It's a CASE of this card by Heather Telford.
I stamped the image with Antique Linen Distress Ink a couple of times on
a folded piece of hot press watercolor paper.
I used my Zigs and an Aqua Painter to add color to the flowers.
I first applied Carmine Red to the base of the flower with a bit of orange next to that.
Then I added Yellow to the tips and used the Aqua Painter to blend the colors.
I determined where I wanted more flowers and added some more using the same technique.
I masked off some of the sentiment before inking.
(I actually remembered to remove the inky tape before stamping. Not always the case!)
And I added some orange splatters for extra interest.
CAS Watercolour Card Challenge
is open until the 24th of October
Here's this month's challenge
and I'm playing along with some other challenges too.
Where my friend Karen has asked for
Red, Orange and Yellow
on our one-layer cards.
and last but certainly not least is a brand new challenge
Where this month's challenge is
ANYTHING GOES WITH FLORALS
Loll and I are thrilled with the participation at
We've had so many wonderful entries and a lot have DT on them.
It's going to be a hard choice!
Stamps: Softly (PB), Special Wishes (PB)
Ink: Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs (Distress)
Paper: Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. Hot Press)
Other: Zig CCRBM (Carmine Red, Orange, Yellow, Mid Green, Brown), Aqua Painter