Saturday, January 14, 2017

Heart for Class


Here's the last card for this week's class.

I had a messy but fun time smooshing some Lava Red and Platinum Inka Gold.

I put some on my craft mat and spritzed with water, then smooshed some Mixed Media paper in it.

For class they die cut the hearts from the smooshed pieces, dry emboss a piece to place it on
and glued a ribbon flower and punched leaves.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing what we did in class.  
I usually don't post these cards but thought you might like to see what I've been up to.

They all liked the cards and we had such fun catching up since we didn't meet last month.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Thick Whisper White, Real Red (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Inka Gold (Lava Red, Platinum), Sunshine Wishes Dies, Seaside EF (SU), Ribbon Roses (Wal-mart), Leaf Punch (EK)


17 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the hearts.

Mac Mable said...

Please keep posting the class cards, fabulous inspiration. Loving the smooshing and the red against the textured background looks fabulous! x

Barb said...

A really beautiful CAS card Bonnie. Barbxx

Loll said...

Such a beautiful design Bonnie. The red just pops off the white textured background. Thank you so much for sharing your class cards. I hope you'll do that in the future! xx

Nstiz said...

I love the clean simplicity of this as well as the wood grain background. What fantastic contrast with red on white! This is gorgeous!

Carole said...

Fabulous,idea! love the heart die and cutting it from your made 'smooshed' paper....a real classy card!

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Bonnie, I love the smooshed heart. A very elegant card. xx

TK said...

Beautiful! The red and platinum are perfect, and still a brilliant combo!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Bonnie - love the drama of the deep red and gold heart against the white - that is a fabulous die!
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Thanks for sharing these 3 cards from your class -- such good ideas and a nice variety of looks. Plus they seem fairly easy. Like the SU Seaside EF used vertically -- you always come up with the best touches to set off a card and extend use of a product.

Sandy said...

Beautiful - I know I would enjoy your classes so much!
Sandy xx

Susan said...

So glad you have been posting your class cards. I've loved them all. This one is so pretty with the beautiful Inka Gold hearts and the little floral sprig.

nancy littrell said...

All your class projects have been so beautiful Bonnie. I love how you die cut your heart using your beautiful background piece. I can just imagine the pretty shimmer. Your flower and leaves were a wonderful embellishment. TFS your projects my friend. Hugs...

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just gorgeous, love the design and the heart.
Faith
PS, thanks for the lovely comments :)

Bobby said...

I'm sure your students really appreciate all you do to prepare them to make such wonderful cards, Bonnie.

OH Babs said...

Bonnie please continue showcasing your class cards they are inspiring.

Brenda said...

Oh, I'm loving this one Bonnie! That heart is so pretty smooshed in the inks and I love the embossing as well as how the heart was "dressed" up! I sure wish I lived in your area to take your classes. They look like lots of fun!! Hugs, Brenda