Sunday, January 29, 2017

Love and Hugs NBUS


When Darnell's NBUS challenge #9 went live last Monday, I was in the middle of 
packing for a little trip to Virginia.

I kept thinking about the technique she challenged us to do.
(This is an optional challenge BTW.)

It was one I'd never tried before.

To be honest, I don't usually see those hidden words until I read the blog
and read that it's there.

Darnell has called the challenge "Hidden Word", "Camouflaged Word" or
"Stenography".

Since time was short, I found a Brusho background I could use,
 my NBUS image from Penny Black's Love and Hugs set and 
inspiration from this card that Heather T. had done recently.

My MISTI was a big help as I had to stamp and emboss several times
to get a good strong image on the bright pink.

I die cut the love from the stamped image and again from a snippet of white,
layered them up and popped it back in.

I also did Darnell's optional 2nd challenge to CASE a card.
I CASEd hers.


and since this is Penny Black, I can enter at  
   
Penny Black Saturday Challenge            and          Penny Black and More 
ANYTHING GOES                                             ANYTHING GOES
                     

and
ANYTHING GOES


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Love & Hugs (PB), 
Ink:   Whisper White (SU)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. CP) 
Other:  White EP (SU), Heartfelt Words Die (PB), Stately EF (CC), Sequins (SSS)


30 comments:

Sue - said...

Wow Bonnie, this is just so, so pretty!

AlisonC said...

How gorgeous is that! Wonderful smoosh of colour.

Jo said...

Yup, spotted ;) Beautiful card, that Brusho is perfect xx

jimlynn said...

So romantic looking and beautiful! I love the "hidden word" too.
Lynn

Betty said...

love it, Bonnie - beautifully done!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the hidden word in your heart, Bonnie - gorgeous with the pinks!!

Mac Mable said...

Do so love this bright pink against the white. Great job on the hidden word x

JosieD said...

What a terrific looking card! The brushos b'grd. combines so well with that wonderful stamp and the hidden love. A very feminine result.

Brenda in IN said...

I'm glad you entered because this is such a pretty card. Your word came out so pretty and the card is lovely.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love that background and the pretty embossed heart. Great job with this technique.

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Bonnie! I had to laugh about the part in your post where you said you don't notice most times that there is even a hidden word in a card until you read about it...I didn't notice your hidden "love" until I read your post either! I guess that means you hid it well! But anyway, beautiful card!! :0)

Susan said...

You aced the hidden word challenge! And I love the heart / flourish stamped in white on the beautiful brusho background. Your UFO piece worked out perfectly to give you darker red splotches behind the heart and the curl at the bottom of the flourish!

Caryn said...

I love your background and watercolour effect - so pretty.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

nancy littrell said...

Bonnie, Did you hear my out loud "WOW"? I LOVE your Splash of color for your background and your beautiful heat eb heart image. Your hidden word Love turned out beautifully too. TFS my friend. Hugs...

BożenA said...

This carmin fits perfectly into this theme heart! Great design, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BożenA

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful idea to use a brusho background to imbed your sentiment Bonnie - a beautiful Valentine! Julia xx

Brenda said...

Oh I love this card Bonnie!!! Your brusho background was great for the hidden word technique! I am also loving that heart image you embossed. Well done and you did it so fast! Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, this is the perfect combination of delicate images from the stamp to the hidden text. awesome card :)

TK said...

Terrific Brushos! Love the brilliant pink and delicate swirls...

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - love this Bonnie, and a great 'take' on the challenge.
Blessings
Maxine

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, love the splash of colour. A perfect card for Darnell's challenge. xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Cool! I love how this came out. This is a great example of a hidden word card.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning CAS card and i'm loving the hidden sentiment too and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

Bobby said...

The concentration of dark color was in the perfect spots for that heart, Bonnie.

Loll said...

This is so beautiful. Isn't it great to have some backgrounds ready to go. :) Love the beautiful heart flourish image ... looks perfect with your hidden word. xx

Pat said...

How bright and pretty Bonnie using the Brusho background and the hidden sentiment works wonderfully well. Perfect! x

JD/ Jill said...

What a fabulous card. You did a wonderful job on Darnell's challenge. (It was beyond me...but you have inspired me with this lovely card to try and give it a go later!)

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning.
Faith
x

Darnell said...

Here I am, better late than never! I love your CASE of my card and I'm so honored to be CASEd by you, Bonnie! I think you did a wonderful job with your background and your hidden word! The whole card is sensational!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and joining in both optional challenges! Thank you, too, for your kind get well comments! I'm doing really well, considering! Hugs, Darnell