Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Snowy Grove By the River



This is the card I made for DH's birthday.

I knew a snowy card would make him feel cold so I tried to show the sun coming up.
Of course I had to add ducks or geese.

I stamped the Snowy Grove stamp on Arches Watercolor paper with Pumice Stone ink 
and used my Aqua Painter to move the color around the trees.
The ink was still wet enough to stamp again which added a bit of extra texture.

When the ink was dry, and the stamp cleaned, I stamped with Versa Mark
and clear embossed to mask the trees.

I used re-inkers and a wet on wet technique to color the background. 
 I put drops of re-inker in the wells of a palette and used a brush with clear water 
to wet the sunrise area.  

Using a damp brush dipped in the re-inker,
 I dropped color until I was happy with it.

Then I moved to the top of the sky and repeated with blues.

When the sunrise was dry, I painted the ground using the same technique.

I used the bush stamp from another set to stamp some brambles and add more depth 
to the ground.

Finally, I sponged some more color around the edges to add depth.

This is relatively clean and not too simple, but I wanted to share it with you.

There's still time to enter at
CAS Mix Up
Challenge is open until January 24th.
My mixed media are Stamping, Watercolor with Re-inkers for my liquid color, Masking and Sponging



       ANYTHING GOES                             ANYTHING GOES
                             

WINTER BIRTHDAY



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snowy Grove, Nature's Friends (PB), Pines (retired SU)
Ink:   Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy (Distress inks), VersaMark, SU Dapper Denim, Distress Brushed Corduroy for sponging
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. cold press), (Strathmore 140 lb. cold press for base)
Other:  Clear EP (SU), Re-inkers (So saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Old Olive) SU, Sponge Daubers (SU)


30 comments:

Linda said...

Wow Bonnie, this is gorgeous. Love it. Great birthday card for your DH.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous scene you have created here!! He will love it :)

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous techniques...thanks for sharing x Love the idea of stamping the trees, then clear embossing them to use as a mask. Will definitely be trying that idea. Such a textural and gorgeous card....Thank you x

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous! I do love outdoor scenes and they are not always easy to do but yours is outstanding! This is such a great card for him!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Bonnie, this card should be framed! Your hubby must love it! It is so beautiful and perfect in every way! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Winter Birthday” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Lisa Lara said...

WOW Bonnie I feel I am right in the forest. Just so beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

thank you for sharing this Bonnie - it is stunning - and I must say I love it - certainly a time consuming card, but worth it.
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! What a wonderful card for DH -- and Happy Birthday to him!

JosieD said...

Such a picturesque card! You sure know how to make the most of that Snowy Grove stamp. Great coloring techniques. Happy Birthday to DH!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW, such a beautiful scene, beautifully executed.
Faith
x

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty, such a calm scene and love the crisp blue sky. I have this stamp and really should pull it out. awesome card

OH Babs said...

Wow. Gorgeous. I am impressed.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great job with the scene. Love your addition of the geese. Have a great day my friend.

Loll said...

This is so incredibly beautiful Bonnie. I bet Bruce was thrilled with his card. The colours are stunning and I love how you've created the lightness of the sun rising in the background. xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG Bonnie, your stamped, sponged, eb resist Winter scene is absolutely Gorgeous!!! Your DH is going to treasure his card made with so much love and you even included geese! TFS your details so we did not miss any of your creative steps. Hugs, Nancy

Darnell said...

Look how far you've come, Bonnie, and how your skills have exploded! This looks like a professional painting bought from a gallery! Bruce must be thrilled with it and I'm hoping it will be framed and hung in your home! It's stunning!! Happy Belated Birthday to him!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby Bonnie. I love your card. The colours are beautiful, a great technique and there is real depth to your pretty scene. Barbxx

Susan said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the addition of the geese and the sunrise!

Bobby said...

I'm glad you can't enter your own challenge, Bonnie, because this would be the winner.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is pretty and peaceful and for a moment there I could breath in the brisk outside air.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a serene scene, Bonnie - bet your DH will love it!!

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful, Bonnie. You did an amazing job water coloring the scenery!
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous scene you created Bonnie! Frame worthy for sure!! What a variety of techniques you used to get all your wonderful colors and shading! I'm sure hubby LOVES this! I know I do!! Julia xx

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Bonnie I love this stamp and I love your card, absolutely stunning.

Hugs
Anke

Sandy said...

Wonderful Birthday Card - you are indeed an artist!
Sandy xx

Jeanne H said...

Like Anke said, all I can think of to say is WOW. What a wonderful card, Bonnie.

Mrs A. said...

I love this and it certainly has the WOW factor. hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

Just browsing your blog--so many beautiful creations, Bonnie! Had to stop at this one as it is truly a masterpiece & should be framed! Glad you put this in the PBSC gallery!

Aileen said...

wow Bonnie what a masterpiece this card is. Totally love it.

MaryH said...

Awesome look with this fab PB stamp. First I've seen done in the fallish colors and I love it. Your watercolors are always so fantastic and the golden glow of the grasses highlights that gorgeous blue in the sky (like our Carolina blue skies, yes?) I know that DH was thrilled with this one. It doesn't look cold at all, with the colors in your palette. Just looks like a crisp, early late fall morning - TFS